Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?

AkronsWitness

He's fun to watch play and hope he takes the next step this year, but people are crowning Justin Fields as the next big thing way too early, and him getting ranked ahead of Trevor on the Top 100 list was unbelievable 

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

He's fun to watch play and hope he takes the next step this year, but people are crowning Justin Fields as the next big thing way too early, and him getting ranked ahead of Trevor on the Top 100 list was unbelievable 

Lol wut

3 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Since there were a couple of retired players listed, Tim Tebow was the most overrated NFL player ever.

I'd argue the opposite. There was not a person in the world that didn't think he wasn't the worst QB in football but he went 8-6 as a starter, had 6 4th QTR comebacks and won a playoff game against the #1 ranked defense in football 😏

Tebow's problem is he was ahead of his time and didn't have Greg Roman as his OC

Im kidding. I think....

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 8/4/2023 at 8:16 PM, N4L said:

It is DK metcalf. Although I will say that DK has actually improved a lot as a WR over the last few years, and his skill level has started to catch up to where people rank him. His route tree is a lot more complete than it was previously, even though he does not run that many different routes. 

I remember getting into arguments about Deebo vs DK on here. It is not even a debate anymore. 

Tyler Lockett is still the best and most productive WR in Seattle, people just like Metcalf's size.

Though this might be a Tyler Lockett is underrated point as much as it's a DK Metcalf is overrated point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squanchy said:

I agree [that Tim Tebow is the most overrated player ever].  I’ll also pray for both of our souls to be forgiven for such heresy.

They're about to burn as at the stake. Wait, isn't that Joan of Arc tied to the next cross over? I've never been that close to a celebrity before.

Edited by Mr.UFO

13 minutes ago, jofos said:

No, a lot of people blame everything from last year on coaching.

I just don't think he has any elite traits he can fall back on and prop himself up when things get tough. From a athleticism/arm talent standpoint I just think he's very average across the board without a ton of room to turn into a franchise QB.

His ceiling, if everything goes perfect is a QB on the level of Alex Smith.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just don't think he has any elite traits he can fall back on and prop himself up when things get tough. From a athleticism/arm talent standpoint I just think he's very average across the board without a ton of room to turn into a franchise QB.

His ceiling, if everything goes perfect is a QB on the level of Alex Smith.

And comparing him to Alex Smith maybe overrating him...

On 8/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Let me make this clear, this doesn't mean any of these players aren't good. Two of them are downright elite and the third is if he can replicate last year...

Jalen Hurts - I love the kid, but I've never seen a QB get propped up so hard after one year of success. Especially one where they had the best offensive line, a top 8 FL, a top 5 SE, and a top 10 TE.

Josh Allen - He hasn't really won anything and yet the league wants to put him as the rival to Mahomes and Burrow. While I can accept the argument Burrow has a plethora of weapons a la Hurts and should be dinged, I just wonder why Allen doesn't get the Manning treatment as opposed to gets compared to Mahomes and Burrow.

Myles Garrett - He is routinely touted as a DPoTY frontrunner to start each season but has never even received a vote. He's constantly touted as the league's best pass rusher despite never leading the league in any single stat related to edges  - pressures, hits, sacks, stuffs - other than pass rush win rate which is the most meaningless of them all. I also haven't seen him make others around him better like the other 3 guys on Tier 1: Bosa, Watt, and Parsons.

I guess we forgot about the hype train that was Dak Prescott.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Myles Garrett - He is routinely touted as a DPoTY frontrunner to start each season but has never even received a vote. He's constantly touted as the league's best pass rusher despite never leading the league in any single stat related to edges  - pressures, hits, sacks, stuffs - other than pass rush win rate which is the most meaningless of them all. I also haven't seen him make others around him better like the other 3 guys on Tier 1: Bosa, Watt, and Parsons.

How is the rate in which you effectively rush the passer meaningless? When a stat like sacks, wouldn't be? Sacks are incredibly overrated as a stat. I think pressures are the most important stat to look at, but to say pass rush win rate is meaningless is pretty dumb.