Predict the 53 man roster!

GW21

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Shame

Glad McRrary-Ball & Knight made it through. 

IDK much about Ismael. He's entering journeyman territory with his 3rd team since 2020. Maybe a late bloomer, maybe just a good developmental prospect

Manning & Jamison should have made the team SMH. Manning over Zakelj, Jamison over one of Dwelley/Woerner for the roster spot (either would have likely made it through waivers)

• Like 2

Releasing Manning and Jamison made absolutely no sense. I don't get this team sometimes. 

Jamison is a baller and someone you want to hold on to. Same with Manning, who was arguably our best OL during the preseason. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

This feels like a post made because people smell blood in the water with the 49ers. It's been a weird training camp / pre-season this year where everyone and their mother are looking to dunk on the 49ers. EVERYTHING has been negative surrounding this team lately and I think people are just piling on right now.

This feeling has been the primary reason why I just haven't gotten into TC or pre-season this year. I just don't care about people's whiny opinions on things they have no inside look at. 

Since the reporting on the 9ers was going to be weird this year, I went with 3 sources.  Maiocco for procedural/insider news, Chapman for roster building and getting to know the personnel, and JohnnyDel for film breakdowns.

Jamison has looked very quick throughout camp.  He has juice in the return game as well.  Chapman had been talking him up since he signed. McCrary-Ball looks much more fluid and quick at the Will spot than DFF.  Chapman has been pretty consistent throughout the offseason about liking McCrary-Ball more than DFF.  

I feel like if you are dunking on the 49ers, the carnival or kickers or the lost 1st rounders for Trey and Kyle's treatment of QB's are the obvious choices.  I am not sure how much click power talking about  3 UDFA's has.  

I personally, am NOT freaking out about Bosa.  You're the one freaking out.  I don't know why everyone always brings it up.

51 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Barrows on twitter said we're signing FB Jack Colletto, DT Marlon Davidson, DT T.Y. McGill, LB Curtis Robinson & OT Leroy Watson to the PS. 

Also hope we can sign Tay Martin, Willie Snead, Jason Poe, Marcelino McCrary Ball, & Qwantrezz Knight 

Awful losing manning and Davidson, but pretty stoked about getting Colletto, knight and Ball into the PS

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Barrows on twitter said we're signing FB Jack Colletto, DT Marlon Davidson, DT T.Y. McGill, LB Curtis Robinson & OT Leroy Watson to the PS. 

Also hope we can sign Tay Martin, Willie Snead, Jason Poe, Marcelino McCrary Ball, & Qwantrezz Knight 

MMB and Knight are a big hopes of mine. I know we're deep at LB, but I like the guy. Knight seems like a quality depth guy, too. We're going to need a WR or two on the PS and Martin and Snead seem like the two obvious ones. 

Full PS

• DL Alex Barrett
  • FB Jack Colletto
  • WR Chris Conley
  • DL Marlon Davidson
  • TE Troy Fumagalli
  • OL Alfredo Gutierrez*
  • RB Brian Hill
  • CB Qwuantrezz Knight
  • OL Corey Luciano
  • WR Tay Martin
  • DL T.Y. McGill
  • LB Curtis Robinson
  • WR Willie Snead IV
  • CB Tre Swilling
  • OL Leroy Watson IV
  • WR Isaiah Winstead
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 10:02 PM, Forge said:

This honestly one of the most critical posts I've ever seen from John lol.  He's just a very optimistic and shiny person

McRary-Ball signed with the Jets PS. Jamison got claimed by the Panthers. We kept Davidson on our PS

I feel good about our long-term LB depth with Winters & Graham behind Warner/Greenlaw so not sweating McRary-Ball THAT much. But i think Manning & Jamison were better than Zakelj & Oliver looking just at pure on the field play & not the $ 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

McRary-Ball signed with the Jets PS. Jamison got claimed by the Panthers. We kept Davidson on our PS

I feel good about our long-term LB depth with Winters & Graham behind Warner/Greenlaw so not sweating McRary-Ball THAT much. But i think Manning & Jamison were better than Zakelj & Oliver looking just at pure on the field play & not the $ 

I dont know if Jamison showed he was better. He showed he was aggressive, but the measurables aren't great for him. He does add the return aspect which I thought would be enough to keep him. I'm willing to see on Oliver this season because I think he is pretty good when it matters. I can't understand the Manning Zakelj thing. 

• Like 1