Preseason Game 3 - Seattle @ Green Bay

Leader

21 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think Brenton Cox and Justin Hollins are safe, but I have seen people make rosters without one or the other, same story for Caleb Jones.  But those all seem to have 7 WRs on the roster, which I think is absurd.  

This team has a lot of talent, but 7 WRs ?  I don't see that, either. I'd rather see a 5th OT myself, after Bakhtiari, Tom, Walker, Nijman (Caleb Jones), or even a 4th RB (Wilson) after Jones, Dillon and Taylor, though it seems easier to bring guys up from the PS these days.

For the WRs, I'd go Doubs, Watson, Reed, Heath, Toure, Wicks. I don't see DuBose getting snatched from the Packers PS. Probably at least one of Chrest, Miller, Bonds, Watts joins him there

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

28 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This team has a lot of talent, but 7 WRs ?  I don't see that, either. I'd rather see a 5th OT myself, after Bakhtiari, Tom, Walker, Nijman (Caleb Jones), or even a 4th RB (Wilson) after Jones, Dillon and Taylor, though it seems easier to bring guys up from the PS these days.

For the WRs, I'd go Doubs, Watson, Reed, Heath, Toure, Wicks. I don't see DuBose getting snatched from the Packers PS. Probably at least one of Chrest, Miller, Bonds, Watts joins him there

I agree.  I look at DuBose a lot like I look at Charles Johnson.  We were disappointed when the Browns poached him.  We didn't have an outstanding WR group, and it turned out that he was injured and spent that season on the IR when we could have done that too.  We missed out on 834 yards and 2 TDs in his career.  I feel like Jones and Cox are a lot more valuable.  I also go back to my thoughts after the draft.  What about DuBose separates him from Jadakis Bonds or Duece Watts? Just look at their highlights.  We won't lose all of these WRs, even if we do lose one or two, which is unlikely.  

20 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Every year there are fans are convinced the WR position is too deep to risk exposing the latest RD6/RD7/UDFA to the practice squad.  I'm not at all convinced 6 WR's are a lock for the 53, let alone 7.

The reason why I think 6 is a safe bet at least is because I think they go light at TE. Normally 4 minimum there but unless they make a move, you're looking at 3 guys. 

• Like 1

Developmental skill guys can be found in a variety of places, like Melton from Seattle’s PS last year. The big guys who can move are harder to come by, so I agree we keep an extra guy up front before depth at WR/RB. DuBose was a (late) draft pick and by all accounts has donewell in his limited time. Under no circumstances has he done better than Heath who has been a dog out there. 6 WR this year. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The reason why I think 6 is a safe bet at least is because I think they go light at TE. Normally 4 minimum there but unless they make a move, you're looking at 3 guys. 

I think Heath forced their hand to make us go with six. Seven is way overkill. The way that kid blocks make you think he could be a demon on special teams as well. 

As @Mazrimivsaid, every year we as fans value our WR room more than GM's across the league do. 

There is a possibility we keep 7 until waiver claims and other moves are made and then cut one of them and move them to the practice squad. We are going to be looking for a TE at cutdowns. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Developmental skill guys can be found in a variety of places, like Melton from Seattle’s PS last year. The big guys who can move are harder to come by, so I agree we keep an extra guy up front before depth at WR/RB. DuBose was a (late) draft pick and by all accounts has donewell in his limited time. Under no circumstances has he done better than Heath who has been a dog out there. 6 WR this year. 

Allan Lazard! 

I'm fully expecting a stinker from the squad today. Just a no juice kinda day. 

Might just be because I slept like ****.

Last day for a lot of guys NFL dreams. 

Excited to see guys  like Heath, Jones and Wilson before they're put away for the season

Also Madden sucks, but we already knew that.

I don't know I might drink during the game. Going to go watch it with my dad. He took me to a bunch of Packer games in my life. One drink is enough. If I have more I get really drunk a dn fall asleep in non familiar places. but it's kinda fun.

Quick tune up for the ones, esp in the run game. Then everyone fasten your seatbelts for the Big Red Dog Experience and McGough Show!  Hope some of the safeties distinguish themselves, ST is playing fast and focused and we kick, and make, a ton of FG today.  Oh yeah, and absolutely no injuries. 

49 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Quick tune up for the ones, esp in the run game. Then everyone fasten your seatbelts for the Big Red Dog Experience and McGough Show!  Hope some of the safeties distinguish themselves, ST is playing fast and focused and we kick, and make, a ton of FG today.  Oh yeah, and absolutely no injuries. 

Cox.

I want to see Cox have a game.