Week 1 GDT: Raiders at Broncos | Raider Nation, Let's Ride!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Week 1 Dubbbbs

• Raiders
    • Broncos

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This forum is going to be really clean or melt down depending on the outcome of the game. We are super dysfunctional and toxic as a subforum but if I know one thing it's that winning brings us together.

We have our differences for sure and maybe a line or two is crossed now and then but I enjoy the diversity of opinion here, people from all different walks of life and if we can just get that winning habit like we had a few years back maybe we’ll have more productive discussions instead of the usual two or three topics that roll on and on. 

There’s some crazy dudes here for sure 😄 but I don’t think there’s anyone here I wouldn’t enjoy sharing a beer with 🍺 so for the good of our sanity, let’s get this show on the road and bring home a W!

• Like 5

This game is very important for setting a precedent for the upcoming season.   With all of the offseason drama a win to day would start the season off on the right foot.  If we lose against the Donkeys we have the near impossible task of beating the Bills in week two.  An 0 and 2 start would set the catalyst for the season and it easily could spiral out of control from there.  I am also fascinated to see how Jimmy G plays as JM now has his guy and can't make any more excuses.  It should be an interesting game.  

On 9/7/2023 at 12:05 PM, big_palooka said:

I can respect this. Despite you thinking I'm a Graham fanboy, my only argument was he needs talent to work with. When he had talent in NY, his defense was among the best in the league which you largely ignore.

They've now added some starting caliber talent, handpicked 2 guys (Epps, Spillane) who are captains. Added Wilson and Young with top 100 picks. Couple that with going into year 2 of the system. If they don't show marked improvement, then Graham needs to go. I think the X factor is Leonard. The Dline will look different this season.  

Adding borderline starters like Epps and Spillane and expecting that to be enough talent to create a sufficient defense to winning was a very bad idea, IMO.