The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

You act like all of these disorders are one in the same. My point stands, you don’t know Chandler so it’s out of line to assume he had shown these traits before. Trust me I know about these things all too well so how about we keep it to football instead of trying to assign a developed mental illness that is pure speculation on a front office? 

Who’s assigning mental illness to this? 

Do you know chandler? Do you know his mental status? Why try to make this a mental illness thing?

imo I don’t think that’s what’s going on.

I think he just got pissed off and expressed himself and now people think he’s crazy cause he might normally be a quiet guy.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Misguided to throw shade and the FO or the player until there are details. 

There is clearly a human element to this. Something happened right, wrong or indifferent and it's not fair to judge until the facts come out. Don't fall for the clickbait. 

I get it, but fact is he’s missing meetings, practice and is a major distraction leading into the season. Looking like another big money FA blowing up in our faces. I hope he’s good, and the Raiders figure it out. But it’s exhausting, we can never just stick to football without some kind of drama surrounding the team. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Raiders were turning over > 50% of a roster left a mess by the past regime. They had to replace 25 URFA's from their 2022 roster. They needed to sign a lot of guys to compete and that is part of the 

The Chiefs, Chargers rosters are stacked with top end talent and depth. The Broncos roster was solid with a lot of vets and needing to fill a couple spots.

Sounds like excuses to go from playoffs to sucking. The way you tell it we were 2-11 and not in the playoffs.  Other coaches get it done.

Edited by jimkelly02

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My point is, Payton needs to show he can be successful without Drew Brees. Most all timer type "second act" head coaches don't excel in their next gig. 

Really? Don Shula, Mike Shanahan, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin, D. Vermeil, Tony Dungy and Gary Kubiak - just off the top of my head - won Super Bowls as “retread,” (they got fired in their first HC job, got hired as HC a second time) head coaches. 

@broncos_fan _from _uk regularly points out over in our forum (or “sub” as its now called by the kids) that retread HCs often enjoy enormous success in their second go-around in the big chair. I suppose that bodes well for you guys with Mac, despite the heretofore returns. 

However, it is also worth pointing out that no HC has ever won a Super Bowl (as a HC) with two different franchises. The only active HCs who are eligible to break that would be Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, and Doug Pederson. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Who’s assigning mental illness to this? 

Do you know chandler? Do you know his mental status? Why try to make this a mental illness thing?

imo I don’t think that’s what’s going on.

I think he just got pissed off and expressed himself and now people think he’s crazy cause he might normally be a quiet guy.

My point is that we don’t need to be making assumptions on this and that applying blame to the front office before waiting for any facts whatsoever to come out is just wrong. There’s plenty to be upset with about this front office if you want to be but this shouldn’t be it yet. Also that mental illness can absolutely come on suddenly so just because the FO have known him for years did not mean they had an inkling of there being a prior issue with Chandler regardless if it related to character or mental state. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Really? Don Shula, Mike Shanahan, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin, D. Vermeil, Tony Dungy and Gary Kubiak - just off the top of my head - won Super Bowls as “retread,” (they got fired in their first HC job, got hired as HC a second time) head coaches. 

@broncos_fan _from _uk regularly points out over in our forum (or “sub” as its now called by the kids) that retread HCs often enjoy enormous success in their second go-around in the big chair. I suppose that bodes well for you guys with Mac, despite the heretofore returns. 

However, it is also worth pointing out that no HC has ever won a Super Bowl (as a HC) with two different franchises. The only active HCs who are eligible to break that would be Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, and Doug Pederson. 

I get what BP is saying though, typically if a coach makes his HOF case with one team, he doesn’t replicate that success elsewhere. 

The point I always try to make is that a lack of success in your first HC stint does not equate to a lack of success in your second stint. 

honestly looking at these points side by side maybe the overarching theme should be a great QB allows a great coach to be great. Because other than Parcells and Gibbs no coach has won multiple SBs with multiple QBs (and Gibbs did it with 3 QBs!)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I get what BP is saying though, typically if a coach makes his HOF case with one team, he doesn’t replicate that success elsewhere. 

The point I always try to make is that a lack of success in your first HC stint does not equate to a lack of success in your second stint. 

honestly looking at these points side by side maybe the overarching theme should be a great QB allows a great coach to be great. Because other than Parcells and Gibbs no coach has won multiple SBs with multiple QBs (and Gibbs did it with 3 QBs!)

Yeah Gibbs did it 3x with 3 different QBs. But it was also in the 1980s when football was football; gambling and fantasy games didn’t have the influence they do now where QBs are almost the be-all, end-all.

And Josh as regards your points on HCs in various stints, I’m sure as Broncos fans we can agree that Mac won’t meet any category that includes both “Super Bowl wins” and “head coach.”

• Like 2

I try to take the most logical approach, and to me it's not logical to think a player of his mental fortitude, leadership qualifies, strong character, this guy is an example of what a human being should look like, would do this for no reason, and then associate a mental disorder or disease to him. What is more logical is to assume the coach who has shown a history of upsetting veterans, has done something to upset a veteran again.  I guess we'll find out eventually. What an odd situation.

• Like 3