The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

No excuse needed. The roster sucked and they made the playoffs despite the 4th worst negative point differential in history. It was a fluke season. Nothing was sustainable. You can't miss on 18 top 100 picks and expect the roster to be sound. 

You’ll say anything to push your narrative.  
You don’t get to diminish the success of the ‘22 team by calling it luck or a fluke then on the other hand when the team collapses at a historic level the next season right it all off because you got a man crush on JMD.

• Like 2

Releasing him would be the wrong move. This is clearly a legit mental issue, and as far as I know this seems to be an isolated incident.  Cutting him from the team could cause him to slip further into the abyss if he doesn't have the help he needs, and I'd hate for this to end in tragedy.

It seems like the team is trying to get him the help he needs. Sadly it doesn't seem he's receptive to it at the moment.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

You’ll say anything to push your narrative.  
You don’t get to diminish the success of the ‘22 team by calling it luck or a fluke then on the other hand when the team collapses at a historic level the next season right it all off because you got a man crush on JMD.

My "narrative" that a HC should get 3 years to be judged in an organization. 

Also, the offense improved in DVOA, EPA and every metric despite poor QB play in 2022. So was it a collapse or did the team just return to their mean without fluky last second wins? 

You people are sad. Have to create antagonists to try and be relevant. So desperate. Someone supports giving a regime 3 years...... yOu GoT a MaN cRuSh. Get over yourself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

It seems like the team is trying to get him the help he needs. Sadly it doesn't seem he's receptive to it at the moment.

From all appearances the team is handling the situation in an admirable fashion.  Calling a CRT intervention was the correct move.

Unfortunately, insight is lacking in manic episodes (which from an outside perspective this appears to be). Not surprised he isn’t receptive to help. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Releasing him would be the wrong move. This is clearly a legit mental issue, and as far as I know this seems to be an isolated incident.  Cutting him from the team could cause him to slip further into the abyss if he doesn't have the help he needs, and I'd hate for this to end in tragedy.

Cutting him would serve little purpose right now, I agree. If anything, it could be a disaster for the organization. 

Seems like he's having a full blown meltdown. 

But....we still know very little, and there's still some possibilities that it's not just a mere meltdown. If it is, kudos for trying to get him help thus far. But it might not be. Cold hard truth is that he might have a valid grievance- until everything shakes out, there's just no telling, and if this is the Raiders response to someone being malcontent.....that would be a nightmare. Some folks may balk at that possibility, but stranger things have occurred with coaches, players, and egos. 

Whether a true mental health crisis or not, though, cutting him would be bad PR at best and callous at worst given the evidence so far, CTE, other mental health initiatives, etc. Assuming there's a real issue and that issue is with Jones himself as seems to he the case, cutting him or making it a "not our problem" thing is 100% the wrong way to go about it.

It's easy to say "good riddance" and toss it in the trash heap, but do we really want to be the team that seemingly abandons a player in a life crisis? The Chiefs had that tragic incident a few years back, and with how the understanding has progressed since then, if anything close happened now after we cut him, that would be something the Raiders as an organization would never live down. 

And beyond the PR stuff for the Raiders as a brand, it just wouldn't be the moral or ethical thing to do, and I'd hope the team I love would be better than that and would honestly do whatever to help a player regardless of how recognizable their name or how public the spat starts out. 

AB is sort of a meme these days, but I think we handled that mostly well. Like you said, the other person has to be receptive to help for it to functionally matter, but I always felt (especially in hindsight) that we tried to do right by AB....but did so a bit late and let it get irreparably ugly before doing so. Whether it would have made a difference is anyone's guess, as Tampa didn't make a difference either. 

With Jones, props to the Raiders for now for the apparently fast and concerned response. And if things are what they seem they are, even if Jones is ultimately somewhere else or out of the league in a couple of weeks, the right moves were made in the moment regardless. 

• Like 8

I wanna hear chandler’s side what’s got him so pissed at jmd & ziegs but not at graham?

that kinda tells me it’s not a playing time thing cause graham could push cj to start.

what’s in the text messages?

Could be a logical explanation 

tired of grown men being cryptic on social media tho

nfl season starts today and we’re tryna decode wtf happened to our hand picked seasoned vet 🤦🏽‍♂️It’s never easy being a Raider

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It could be he’s just inept at his job, mainly working thru sources authenticate the information sometimes, but there have been instances (ie Waller situation) where he clearly was fed informational from his son OR outright made it up and created a narrative that was pro-JMD and company.

I’m not even trying to be mean but he doesn’t strike me as a highly intelligent person.

You aint kidding there hahaha

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It sounds like to me that CJ has been going through a mental episode for over a month now. He wasn’t injured in camp, it was a public relations cover to protect the player privacy.

This theory makes the most sense. He just abruptly stopped practicing awhile back with no real injury designation and then publicizes innocuous texts from JMD from 3 weeks ago as evidence that he is being mistreated along with a weird cryptic video. Just odd 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This theory makes the most sense. He just abruptly stopped practicing awhile back with no real injury designation and then publicizes innocuous texts from JMD from 3 weeks ago as evidence that he is being mistreated along with a weird cryptic video. Just odd 

I think they were trying to trade him similar to carr. This regime will shut a guy down if they’re done with a player. No access to facilities or practice cause they don’t want him hurt messing up trade value. They will literally gas a guy up like he’s their guy then trade/release him in the next breath. I also think they’re looking for loopholes to get out of the contract 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My "narrative" that a HC should get 3 years to be judged in an organization. 

Also, the offense improved in DVOA, EPA and every metric despite poor QB play in 2022. So was it a collapse or did the team just return to their mean without fluky last second wins? 

You people are sad. Have to create antagonists to try and be relevant. So desperate. Someone supports giving a regime 3 years...... yOu GoT a MaN cRuSh. Get over yourself.

I agree the biggest key is that this team needs to take a step forward this year. Playoffs aren't necessary but we need to compete and look better on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1