The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Having a HOF QB I'm sure had nothing to do with that success either. 

Off the top of my head, here are some HOF HCs who are joined in Canton with a QB whom they coached and with whom they won a large share of their career wins. 

Vince Lombardi-Bart Starr, Hank Stram-Len Dawson, Don Shula-Johnny Unitas/Bob Griese/Dan Marino, Chuck Knoll-Terry Bradshaw, Bud Grant-Fran Tarkenton, Tom Landry-Roger Staubach, Jimmy Johnson-Troy Aikman, Bill Walsh-Joe Montana, Marv Levy-Jim Kelly, Tony Dungy-Peyton Manning. There’s others too, D. Vermeil won his ring with Kurt Warner, Cowher his with future HOF’r Big Ben, Mike Shanahan will get in and he had John Elway. And there’s that Belichick/Brady duo that won a few together, despite 3, 3! separate cheating scandals. Who was the OC for those championships, BTW? 

But, yeah, Sean Payton only has a winning record and a strong reputation because of one cheating scandal and Drew Brees. 

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

*Rumor*

The  Raiders facility was closed for Labor Day. Jones attempted to get access to  workout and was turned away which created a scene. This set off a series of events an erratic behavior from Jones. To the point that the organization called his family 

Interesting…. Can you disclose where you heard this?  Im not challenging your rumor, just interested in investing more

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

My point was we give scrubs heavy fully guaranteed amounts relative to their contract.  It’s a bad model to have.   You think there was a heavy marker for Brandon Parker and we couldn’t have just gave him 200k?

What next, you going to rationalize that giving Hoyer 2 years fully guaranteed was necessary?

I agree here. It's kinds funny cause I really didn't know how bad the backend of the roster was structure until I started a franchise on madden. There is literally dead money if you cut like 6 or 7 corner. It's guys all over the roster who had dead money if cut. I know madden ain't the end all but I Check the cap sites and it was mostly correct. The way they structuring these contracts for guys who on the end of the roster or didn't make it doesn't really make sense. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Is there anything confirmed yet, about what happened?

Not anything new. 

Honestly, I wouldn't expect much until after game day. And, frankly, I think that would be the best way to handle it- get through game 1 and address whatever needs to be addressed during the post-game conference. Best case scenario, we win and Josh can say it's an "in-house non-issue, move along". Worst case scenario, we lose and it's not the only question being asked (and probably not on the front of most peoples' mind at that point). 

Worst idea would be attempting to address it right now. There's not much else to talk about and it would only serve as a distraction, which, should we then lose on Sunday, looks like a bigger deal. 

Hedge the bet on winning Sunday and being able to say it's a non-issue that was taken care of and clearly isn't a distraction. Winning cures all. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not anything new. 

Honestly, I wouldn't expect much until after game day. And, frankly, I think that would be the best way to handle it- get through game 1 and address whatever needs to be addressed during the post-game conference. Best case scenario, we win and Josh can say it's an "in-house non-issue, move along". Worst case scenario, we lose and it's not the only question being asked (and probably not on the front of most peoples' mind at that point). 

Worst idea would be attempting to address it right now. There's not much else to talk about and it would only serve as a distraction, which, should we then lose on Sunday, looks like a bigger deal. 

Hedge the bet on winning Sunday and being able to say it's a non-issue that was taken care of and clearly isn't a distraction. Winning cures all. 

Okay thanks.

Personally I think what happened is something like this:

Jones was said that he will be replaced by WIlson sooner than later, or if not it should've been pretty obvious to him, that they will trust their top 10 pick more.
Chandler is unhappy with this but he knows that's business as a reference to his letter where he mentions that he had this stuff 12 years long and that he is Chandler Jones and not #55. Maybe they were even in trade talks at this stage.

Then he comes to the facilities and they were closed because it was a holiday that day (labour day, right?). Chandler forgot about that and only thought about that he is mistreated from the organization and it didn't help that nobody was available per phone that day.
A series of unfortunate events.

Right now that is for me the most logical way how that story went. Although I have a few questions:

- Why did nobody tell him at home that it's a holiday

- why didn't any coaches/front office pick up the phone when he called (if he really called)

- why didn't he call a team mate (at least that's what I did if I can't come in)

- is he always that early in the building, that no other cars are at the parking lots - it should've been pretty obvious, that nobody's there

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That is absolutely not true.  There are a plethora of nfl players without guaranteed money.  

do you see millions of dollars of dead cap on our divisional rivals from guys who were competing for backup roles but didn’t make it:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/cap/

Nope!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/
Nope!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/
Nope!

The Raiders were turning over > 50% of a roster left a mess by the past regime. They had to replace 25 URFA's from their 2022 roster. They needed to sign a lot of guys to compete and that is part of the 

The Chiefs, Chargers rosters are stacked with top end talent and depth. The Broncos roster was solid with a lot of vets and needing to fill a couple spots.

8 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Off the top of my head, here are some HOF HCs who are joined in Canton with a QB whom they coached and with whom they won a large share of their career wins. 

Vince Lombardi-Bart Starr, Hank Stram-Len Dawson, Don Shula-Johnny Unitas/Bob Griese/Dan Marino, Chuck Knoll-Terry Bradshaw, Bud Grant-Fran Tarkenton, Tom Landry-Roger Staubach, Jimmy Johnson-Troy Aikman, Bill Walsh-Joe Montana, Marv Levy-Jim Kelly, Tony Dungy-Peyton Manning. There’s others too, D. Vermeil won his ring with Kurt Warner, Cowher his with future HOF’r Big Ben, Mike Shanahan will get in and he had John Elway. And there’s that Belichick/Brady duo that won a few together, despite 3, 3! separate cheating scandals. Who was the OC for those championships, BTW? 

But, yeah, Sean Payton only has a winning record and a strong reputation because of one cheating scandal and Drew Brees. 

My point is, Payton needs to show he can be successful without Drew Brees. Most all timer type "second act" head coaches don't excel in their next gig. 

And I couldn't care less about the cheating scandal. If you're a Raiders fan complaining about cheating then you need to do a history lesson. Raider rule #1, cheating is encouraged. Raider rule #2, see rule #1 - Al Davis. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You can go root for the Saints lil bro

You're by far the most pathetic person on this forum.  The epitome of a joke fan.  Sitting here on your high horse thinking you're anything more than a clown.  I feel sorry for the people around you, having to deal with someone with such a low level of intelligence.  With nothing better to do than argue with fellow Raiders fans.  I pity you.  I have sympathy for your loved ones.  I really hope you're able to learn how to be more than just a person who spends time hating someone they've never met.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Am I the only one that could care less about this Chandler Jones situation? Maybe it just cause I have zero expectations this season .

It's hard to care about a player who's production isn't there.  But he's also one of our projected starting DEs.  Last thing you want is a hostile locker room.  Hopefully it's dealt with before our first game of the season.

13 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

*Rumor*

The  Raiders facility was closed for Labor Day. Jones attempted to get access to  workout and was turned away which created a scene. This set off a series of events a erratic behavior from Jones. To the point that the organization called his family 

That doesn’t make any sense Imo. This isn’t some local ymca. Players have access 24/7 esp the vets. 

iirc if he got injured training at the ymca that would have devastating consequences.

maxx brags about basically living there

This doesn’t make any sense why wouldn’t he call maxx?

maybe the team cut his access fr

45 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It's hard to care about a player who's production isn't there.  But he's also one of our projected starting DEs.  Last thing you want is a hostile locker room.  Hopefully it's dealt with before our first game of the season.

Especially the guy that mentoring your #7 pick 🤦🏽‍♂️

wilsons first wtf lol welcome to the nfl moment 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Especially the guy that mentoring your #7 pick 🤦🏽‍♂️

wilsons first wtf lol welcome to the nfl moment 

Luckily we have Crosby.  Hopefully he can teach Wilson everything he needs to know about destroying QBs.

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Luckily we have Crosby.  Hopefully he can teach Wilson everything he needs to know about destroying QBs.

True but since day 1 I’m pretty sure chandler and maxx took him under their wing on and off the field. Not a good start when one of your mentors goes awol especially the super seasoned vet.

• Like 2