The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

That’s not what you said…. You said knee injury.  

Knee injury isn’t drama 2 days before the opener?

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That is absolutely not true.  There are a plethora of nfl players without guaranteed money.  

do you see millions of dollars of dead cap on our divisional rivals from guys who were competing for backup roles but didn’t make it:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/cap/

Nope!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/
Nope!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/
Nope!

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

almost every team has 20+ Million in dead cap. We’re in the middle of the league . 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

1.  Willie Wi-Fi is 50x worse than Sanjit. Sanjit actually has analysis and film breakdowns. Willie is TMZ 

2.  You’re confusing fully guaranteed contracts and zero guarantee . Every NFL vet contract come with some sort of signing bonus or guarantee money but not fully guaranteed. 

1.  Did I mention Wi-Fi Willie? No I didn’t your just switching subjects here.

you can’t even bring yourself to say I’m wrong about sanjit only saying things that are positive of the raiders.

2.  That absolutely is not correct.  That isn’t even remotely true.

Some guys get guaranteed money via signing bonuses while other players get roster bonuses that pay out if there on the team after cuts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Knee injury isn’t drama 2 days before the opener?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

almost every team has 20+ Million in dead cap. We’re in the middle of the league . 

No a knee injury isn’t drama!  It’s really bad luck and unfortunate but it’s not drama.  

I didn’t say other teams don’t have dead cap.  Again your switching topics and not being a straight shooter.

I criticized our FO for giving the amount of guaranteed money they did to guys who figured to be backups and potentially not even make the team.

• Like 2

@bucksavage1

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/jacob-bobenmoyer-47367/

Where’s the guaranteed money on Bobenmoyers deal?  He was a veteran signing.  He had a zero dead cap if cut, but did have a roster bonus if he made the team.

I don’t mind giving small guarantees in the form of Signing Bonuses to guys competing for a roster spot, like with Adam Butler he got 110k signing bonus plus a workout bonus of 90k.

Who was about to outbid us for Brandon Parker so much so we had to guarantee that money?  Same for all those guys I listed.  

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@bucksavage1

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/jacob-bobenmoyer-47367/

Where’s the guaranteed money on Bobenmoyers deal?  He was a veteran signing.  He had a zero dead cap if cut, but did have a roster bonus if he made the team.

I don’t mind giving small guarantees in the form of Signing Bonuses to guys competing for a roster spot, like with Adam Butler he got 110k signing bonus plus a workout bonus of 90k.

Who was about to outbid us for Brandon Parker so much so we had to guarantee that money?  Same for all those guys I listed.  

It literally says 1M in guarantees 😂😂

Edited by bucksavage1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m with you on this one.  You can’t come up into “our house” talking **** .., especially on game week… whether right or wrong without being checked.

you didn’t go to hard, just a check.  It is what it is.

Thank you. Dude is a troll in general so when you go around trolling don’t be surprised when you get a check. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It literally signs 1M in guarantees 😂😂

That’s a typo… or they adjusted it because he’s a veteran and made the team so his salary is now guaranteed.

there’s no signing bonus and they don’t list guaranteed salary so nothing was fully guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

No nfl team can sign a vet to a contract without some sort of guarantees or signing bonus. This was collectively bargained. You can’t sign a player  and not pay them something on the contract . The argument is fully guaranteed contracts is the issue

My point was we give scrubs heavy fully guaranteed amounts relative to their contract.  It’s a bad model to have.   You think there was a heavy marker for Brandon Parker and we couldn’t have just gave him 200k?

What next, you going to rationalize that giving Hoyer 2 years fully guaranteed was necessary?

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also idk why broncos fans are talking trash in here. As laughably dysfunctional as we've been, we've beaten them 6 times in a row. That is actually embarrassing for them.

Cannot fathom the audacity and self own it is to be in here trash talking if I’m them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Since Al Davis has had a beef w/ the NFL, drama is never far away. I mean, what team doesn’t have drama going into the season?

KC- Chris Jones, Travis Kelce knee injury

Broncos- Peyton Drama, Wilson

Chargers- Coach on hot seat, hired OC who could take over as coach

Come it’s levels to this I know you mr positive but this drama isn’t your typical contract dispute, hot seat coach or injury stuff.

literally a few days before the season starts and we have a top 10 paid guy at his position who just happens to be a distinguished vet the new regime loves and they knew since a kid lightweight going awol. What other team has that going on?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's the Frankie of the Broncos forum. Antagonistic, cynical, constant negative rants. 

You and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaay back here BP. If there’s one thing on which you can count on me, it’s to tell it like it is, and never be PC about it. But I’m not unfair or cheap, even if I do ruffle some feathers from time to time by pointing out unpleasant or inconvenient information.

People are free to disagree or ascribe malicious intent on my part, but all I did was come in and point out that this kind of drama - or however you care to classify and define it - has followed Mac and virtually all other former NE assistants and/or FO personnel to every stop they make. 

Also and for the record, had Mac become the HC not of a rival team like you guys, but for a team like say, Atlanta, to whom I am entirely indifferent, or to a team I like, such as Chicago or San Fran, and the same events transpired as did here, I would be in their forum (or “sub”) saying the same as I did in my initial posts on this subject today. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

*Rumor*

The  Raiders facility was closed for Labor Day. Jones attempted to get access to  workout and was turned away which created a scene. This set off a series of events a erratic behavior from Jones. To the point that the organization called his family 

lol I was thinking, maybe this happened, but then was thinking there is no way this could be it. right????