Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Saints

TitanSlim

Tanny looks like his cleats are made of concrete to me...he just can't move hardly at all. 

The most frustrating part of this game for me was that for two tears we have had a putrid offense...so we fire the OC...awesome, fresh start with some fresh ideas. Instead we hire from within, end up with the same terrible offense just different pass/run distribution!!! Same problems, can't convert 3rd downs, scheme doesn't regularly get guys open...Tanny has to squeeze these passes into extremely tight windows. It's amazing it could be so different, but some how exactly the same. 

I also agree with who ever said this looks just like the end of Mariota...not sure if it's the poor line has him expecting to get sacked so he is looking at the pass rush, or if the poor line just ruined his confidence...because today he looked absolutely lost...those 3 picks could have easily been 5 or 6 if the defender catches the ball. In fairness he could have also had 3 big plays if he just lobs it to wide open guys. 

Oh well on to next week. Anyone looking for a QB change is sorely mistaken, Vrabel is nothing if not stubborn...barring injury we are riding with RT all year long, maybe like week 13-14 if we only have 2-4 wins. Part of the reason I thought we should have cleaned house this offseason, and let Ran pick his guys including the HC. 

31 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Oh well on to next week. Anyone looking for a QB change is sorely mistaken, Vrabel is nothing if not stubborn...barring injury we are riding with RT all year long, maybe like week 13-14 if we only have 2-4 wins. Part of the reason I thought we should have cleaned house this offseason, and let Ran pick his guys including the HC. 

vrabel is literally the guy who benched mariota lol

I do think it's likely a mistake to bench Tannehill now though.  If he sucks this badly next week, then it's time to seriously consider it, but even then, probably still too early.

But all reports indicated that, in practice, Tannehill was far and away the best QB.  If that's still the case, and if we're still trying to win games, it's likely better to drastically change the offensive plan.  Henry still looks great, and the defense is overall solid (the Dline is incredible), so there are routes to playing where Tanny throws less.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I do think it's likely a mistake to bench Tannehill now though.  If he sucks this badly next week, then it's time to seriously consider it, but even then, probably still too early.

But all reports indicated that, in practice, Tannehill was far and away the best QB.  If that's still the case, and if we're still trying to win games, it's likely better to drastically change the offensive plan.  Henry still looks great, and the defense is overall solid (the Dline is incredible), so there are routes to playing where Tanny throws less.

The man looks like he can’t even be a competent game manager 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

The man looks like he can’t even be a competent game manager 

Did I say he wasn't abysmally bad?

It's easily the worst game, as far as I can remember, I've seen him play as a Titan.  But that unfortunately doesn't mean the answer is on the bench.  And it's still possible that this will be the worst game he plays this season, and he'll rebound to competency next week.

Malik threw a ton of turnovers in the preseason himself, and Levis is the guy who so far can't beat him out for QB2.

I'm not super optimistic about our QB situation overall.

38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's easily the worst game, as far as I can remember, I've seen him play as a Titan.  But that unfortunately doesn't mean the answer is on the bench.  And it's still possible that this will be the worst game he plays this season, and he'll rebound to competency next week.

Malik threw a ton of turnovers in the preseason himself, and Levis is the guy who so far can't beat him out for QB2.

All I was doing was adding to the facts in which you stated, was saying you’re wrong that he shouldn’t be benched, all I’m saying is he looks like he can no longer be a game manager 

Did Levis really lose the #2 spot? I was under the impression he just got hurt so he couldn’t put enough film out there to jump ahead.

I am not a 100 percent out on Malik, but it’s really hard to see it panning out. He needs to continue to work.

I also think if he or Levis was out there today, the Saints would have had them looking even sillier than Tannehill. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

Looking back Tanny missed 3 open TDs. 

Just when he was about to throw the ball to Hopkins and got picked off. Burks breaks free wide open on the opposite side. 

So sad. 

And maybe guys weren't open but he had some good pockets where he was sacked. 

He had a tremendously terrible game. 

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Did Levis really lose the #2 spot? I was under the impression he just got hurt so he couldn’t put enough film out there to jump ahead.

I am not a 100 percent out on Malik, but it’s really hard to see it panning out. He needs to continue to work.

I also think if he or Levis was out there today, the Saints would have had them looking even sillier than Tannehill. 

I don't think he lost it. 

Willis just was available and didn't stink. But fair to Willis he showed improvement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think he lost it. 

Willis just was available and didn't stink. But fair to Willis he showed improvement. 

I think what’s being referred to is Malik being QB2 this game, and Levis being 3.

It’s not so much that Levis lost the QB2 spot as he never won it, and still hasn’t.

37 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

How you think Willis is going to get better 🤔 you can put all the work in but it still going to come down to playing in live games. Looks like the packers had a plan with Jordan love & it’s panning out 

15 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

How you think Willis is going to get better 🤔 you can put all the work in but it still going to come down to playing in live games. Looks like the packers had a plan with Jordan love & it’s panning out 

I agree. I am really at the point when I would love to see what we got with these guys. We shall see how things pan out these weeks before the bye. The schedule is tough to start here, so I wouldn't be shocked to see some changes getting closer to the bye.

To me it is inevitable at this point that a new era will start next year. I would really like to start to get a clearer picture heading into that next year.

My worry is just the resources we have possibly wasted in getting to the next QB1. We have to see how it pans out but we are in a weird spot.

Edited by twotonebluenation

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Here's my thing. If that's what Tannehill's going to give us, ANY rookie in the NFL is going to be able to give you a similar performance. Why not allow your quarterbacks who you believe are your future grow? And if they show they aren't the guy, then you have a perfect reason to go into a loaded QB class and draft a guy. 

• Like 4