Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Saints

TitanSlim

48 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I gotta say these last couple years of being a Titans fan has really calmed me down. Normally I’d be mad at the world after a loss, especially after a performance like that. Now I don’t be caring lol

This is me. 

Just expected it to turn out the way it did. Even if we made a defensive stop, I had no faith we would move down the field to score. 
Nor did I have any faith of us going for it on 4th down when we kicked a field goal.  

At least two trips, maybe three, trips to the redzone that I can remember and failing all those times. The lack of faith really kills the excitement for me. 

28 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I gotta say these last couple years of being a Titans fan has really calmed me down. Normally I’d be mad at the world after a loss, especially after a performance like that. Now I don’t be caring lol

Same. That Bengals loss really took something out of me because I haven’t been the same since. That and just getting older in life. 

The main thing I left that game with wasn’t about the playcalling, the lack of Henry or even winning the division anymore. It’s that was the final nail in the coffin regarding Tannehill’s time here for me. He’s had a great four years here but I’m just ready to see what Willis/Levis have to offer, good or bad. For the betterment of the franchise, the goal this season should be if those guys have anything to offer or if we should truly start doing a deep dive into the 2024 QB class.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Same. That Bengals loss really took something out of me because I haven’t been the same since. That and just getting older in life. 

The main thing I left that game with wasn’t about the playcalling, the lack of Henry or even winning the division anymore. It’s that was the final nail in the coffin regarding Tannehill’s time here for me. He’s had a great four years here but I’m just ready to see what Willis/Levis have to offer, good or bad. For the betterment of the franchise, the goal this season should be if those guys have anything to offer or if we should truly start doing a deep dive into the 2024 QB class.

I have no problem with the lack of Henry simply because Tajae was making plays out there as well, yea I get it Henry is the feature back & the best player on offense but Kelly was try to mix in the run with the pass & get guys in space. What people have to understand the saints have an elite secondary they’re not the bend but don’t break like we, they have 2 alpha dogs at CB & you have to be able to separate with precise route running. Kelly called a solid enough game for us to win, no it wasn’t perfect but if we have a QB that takes what the defense gives him & make the throws we had open for 6 on several occasions. Then it’s a different story 

• Like 2

Yeah I never recovered from the Bengals loss. HIs 3 INTs that game when we had a real real shot to win the super bowl with that defense. It just lost me. 

What sucks about this year, is that we could really still win some games, so to just tank and is not really in the DNA. 

But I'm really thinking if that is the Tannehill we gonna get or even last year's Tannehill, then we need to go ahead and move on. A rookie could do just that.

Ryan has digressed ever since the AFC championship run. Blame other factors if people want, but he had 21 TDs and 14 INTs and we still was #1 seed.
He played only 13 games last year and had only 13 TDs and 6 Ints. 
Statistically he is just a game manager that has a good "NFL" day every now and then. 

I want to see if Levis or Willis can give reason to believe in them to carry the load. I believe in about 2 of these QBs that could declare.  (Sanders, Maye)

I want Levis to win it, but if Willis does, I won't be mad either. We need to get one of them out there to take advantage of the rookie deal. 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I have no problem with the lack of Henry simply because Tajae was making plays out there as well, yea I get it Henry is the feature back & the best player on offense but Kelly was try to mix in the run with the pass & get guys in space. What people have to understand the saints have an elite secondary they’re not the bend but don’t break like we, they have 2 alpha dogs at CB & you have to be able to separate with precise route running. Kelly called a solid enough game for us to win, no it wasn’t perfect but if we have a QB that takes what the defense gives him & make the throws we had open for 6 on several occasions. Then it’s a different story 

Yeah. No problem with the usage of Henry. I think he still had over 100 combined yards. If we can find ways to continue to do that and also get Spears involved, we could be deadly. 

All we need is a QB to make simple throws now. 

Kelly wasn't the problem, like you said. 

He dialed up at least 2 TDs and drives that should have been more. 

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But I'm really thinking if that is the Tannehill we gonna get or even last year's Tannehill, then we need to go ahead and move on. A rookie could do just that.

The gap between last year’s Tannehill and Tannehill yesterday is massive. With last year’s Tannehill, we win yesterday by two or three scores.

Tannehill wasn’t holding that offense back last year. The fact that he was a quality game manager and limited his turnovers with those weapons, that offensive line and that OC was an accomplishment.

Next two to three weeks will tell us if yesterday was an anomaly or if he’s just completely fallen off the cliff. If this is the end and he looks bad the rest of September, just pull the plug. But I’m not yet ready to act or pretend like literally the worst game of his career is his normal.

With that said, I was on board with moving on from Tannehill and Henry all offseason and dealing with a down season. Then we signed Hopkins and decided to give it one last go.  We put ourselves in this position with $50 million tied up in Tannehill and Henry, we’re not going to call it after his first truly terrible game since the Bengals start.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

With that said, I was on board with moving on from Tannehill and Henry all offseason and dealing with a down season. Then we signed Hopkins and decided to give it one last go.  We put ourselves in this position with $50 million tied up in Tannehill and Henry, we’re not going to call it after his first truly terrible game since the Bengals start.

Yea, that is what is tough. We are just in a weird spot, you almost owe it to them to see it out. I just hope we don't get to a place after this season where we are moving on from Tannehill but didn't get a lot of intel on our future qb situation. Stinks.

47 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. No problem with the usage of Henry. I think he still had over 100 combined yards. If we can find ways to continue to do that and also get Spears involved, we could be deadly. 

All we need is a QB to make simple throws now. 

Kelly wasn't the problem, like you said. 

He dialed up at least 2 TDs and drives that should have been more. 

What fans need to understand it’s hard to score on a good defense, no matter how good the OC is, we literally saw a SB with a score of 13-3 rams vs patriots seen the Seahawks dismantle the broncos 43-8 again 2 top tier offenses that couldn’t score on elite defenses Kelly not da problem But the casual fan that doesn’t know football from a X’s & O’s stand point gone blame him, go fish 😮‍💨

Just now, TitanRedd said:

What fans need to understand it’s hard to score on a good defense, no matter how good the OC is, we literally saw a SB with a score of 13-3 rams vs patriots seen the Seahawks dismantle the broncos 43-8 again 2 top tier offenses that couldn’t score on elite defenses Kelly not da problem But the casual fan that doesn’t know football from a X’s & O’s stand point gone blame him, go fish 😮‍💨

One of my biggest Downey criticisms was that he seemed to be desperately in love with playing for third downs and  entirely incapable of scheming up explosive plays. Against an elite defense in a loud environment, Kelly drew up the huge screen play and had two perfect calls that should’ve been easy, long TDs.  

That’s all I can ask for. He schemed open two easy touchdowns in the same game. If the player doesn’t execute the simple throw, you can’t blame the play caller.

i'll just say this, if we expect tannehill to be a game manager and don't put anything on him beyond that then he should basically never actively lose us games. if he's doing that then it's over. we heard repeatedly that our new offense demands more from QBs- if tannehill can't handle that then we just need to cut bait asap.