Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Saints

TitanSlim

Well I was fairly invested in Titans this year.  This game though was a must win for us to make playoffs.  I do not see Willis as developing enough to be QB of the future so makes no sense to start playing him now.  He is worse than Tanny.  Levi’s shows some promise but I don’t want him playing this year.   

sadly I will not watch the game but you don’t win many games with three interceptions just frustrating as sure didn’t expect a sharp Tanny but we needed a mistake free one and didn’t get it.     I also am way too upset about that fumble/TD turned into a incomplete just so wrong based on the call last year 

9 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well I was fairly invested in Titans this year.  This game though was a must win for us to make playoffs.  I do not see Willis as developing enough to be QB of the future so makes no sense to start playing him now.  He is worse than Tanny.  Levi’s shows some promise but I don’t want him playing this year.   

sadly I will not watch the game but you don’t win many games with three interceptions just frustrating as sure didn’t expect a sharp Tanny but we needed a mistake free one and didn’t get it.     I also am way too upset about that fumble/TD turned into a incomplete just so wrong based on the call last year 

Levis showed some promise when 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Levis showed some promise when 🤣🤣🤣

Levi’s in what I saw in preseason showed that he has room for development to improve enough to be a steady middle of the pack QB in this league.   Which is what we have with Tanny right now

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Burks and Chig combining for five targets when Tannehill threw it 34 times is also inexcusable.

really fun to hear charles london talking about "feed the studs" all offseason and then it's the same old **** with NWI all goddamn game. this team is a black hole for offense.

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if he bounced back, but the chargers are wayyy more talented than NO and even a better tannehill isn't likely to be enough with our overall issues on offense. new orleans is not a very good team and we really gave em one with how poorly tannehill played.

I think the Saints have a better defense. Last time we played Herbert we made him make some mistakes. Gonna need that. We are constructed in a way that I think our defenses will keep us in a lot of games I believe. It is so funny when you hear commentators say, " I feel like we always see the Titans play in games like this."

It was nice to actually make field goals.

It feels like they want to take down Henrys load, so they can lean on him later in the year.

That drop by Treylon man.

Idk man. I just don't see any path anymore with 17. Vrabel has to know he ain't no where near the guy. It just seems pointless. I know they aren't just gonna rip him, but man, we gotta start to see what we got if we get in a hole.

Man, imagine our defense if we had a lockdown at corner.

Gonna try not to overreact, but damn man, this team needs to figure some **** out.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Burks and Chig combining for five targets when Tannehill threw it 34 times is also inexcusable.

This is 33 Tanny 33 play design 33 Saints D.   

How many games last year did Chig and Tanny play.    Burks 4 maybe.   That matters with rooks or “new” guys it takes time for QB/play caller/receiver to get it together.  Hopkins is a HOF level experienced receiver he can work with anyone anytime at the onset.   Rooks or inexperienced players not so much

also under-discussed that after getting 4 sacks in the first half we got a big ol goose egg in the second half. 9 points in the first half, 3 in the second. at this point we have been a truly awful second-half team for over a year, even though that's something we're supposed to pride ourselves on. other teams kick it up a notch and we roll over and die.

Edited by -Hope-

Despite every other aspect of our team that had some negative moments. 

All could have been forgiven or even forgotten if the most important on the field doesn't make 5 crucial throws.
3 INTs and 2 missed TD completions.

Nothing else really matters to me. I'll chalk it up to the ebbs and flows of a NFL game or even just the 1st game.

Short of winning the rest of the games and making the Super Bowl, nothing Tanny can do to make me want him to be the QB of this team. 

40 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

really fun to hear charles london talking about "feed the studs" all offseason and then it's the same old **** with NWI all goddamn game. this team is a black hole for offense.

People act like we were going to lit their defense up to begin with, they’re not a bend but don’t break defensive secondary they were ranked #2 in pass defense they play sticky man coverage 2 lockdown corners. It’s not the fact Chig & burks weren’t target they’re not getting open like that they’re elite in pass coverage, we still call the plays for us to win the game & our QB **** a brick.I told y’all back in 2020 he was a high efficient game manager that who he’s always been now he can’t do that efficiently 

So the positives: the defensive line is fantastic. They are going to keep us in some games this year by stuffing the run and making life tough for QBs.

The Saints, let’s remember, are a really good defense, so the offensive struggles may not be as bad as they seem this week.

Hooker played like the stud he’s supposed to be.

Henry is still really good.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We also got the reason for having Henry being the center of our offense isn't of the QB.

Tanny carried the load and he spilled it all on the carpet. 

Yea today made that loud and clear.. like the throws and decisions he was making today were rookie like.