The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

It was so frustrating to watch, every snap it seemed he was the last one off the ball. Problem is it was evident on his college tape too. Seems like an easy fix, that should’ve already been taken care. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

It was so frustrating to watch, every snap it seemed he was the last one off the ball. Problem is it was evident on his college tape too. Seems like an easy fix, that should’ve already been taken care. 

Could there be more to it? It is so unusual. I can’t remember seeing anyone this slow, every snap. It almost looks like it’s his processing speed. Like it just takes that long for the visual signal to get to his brain. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Why would I? Just like this week isn't indicative of anything if we win because the Broncos are a worst team than us. It's also not indicative of anything if we lose next week because the bills are a better team than us. That's just objective evaluating. It would actually be more telling if we lost this last week just like it'll be more telling if we win next week. 

Now once again: notice how this has nothing to do with the front office or how I feel about them. Just reality(something that the typical homer loses grasp of in order to blindly support and defend their team). 

For me it's just weird to focus on the negative aspects of a win, right after the game. But maybe I'm just interpreting that and you are really trying to be realistic.
If so then of course I'm apologizing for assuming other.

Realistically I see no light against the Bills, Lions, Jets, Dolphins, KC and the Vikings - I just hope that we can create some turnovers on D aswell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

For me it's just weird to focus on the negative aspects of a win, right after the game. But maybe I'm just interpreting that and you are really trying to be realistic.
If so then of course I'm apologizing for assuming other.

Realistically I see no light against the Bills, Lions, Jets, Dolphins, KC and the Vikings - I just hope that we can create some turnovers on D aswell.

I can respect that point for sure. It's just for me do you know how to hell every year(even back in the gruden days we always beat Denver what is the seeming exciting game only to get beat week two and then that's when it appears that the season really starts).

Don't get me wrong Denver fans are some of the most obnoxious sauce very happy that I have to hear anything from them after they traded the first round pick to get a coach who is retired I still ended up getting the same results against us. But taking my raider lens off, it's ultimately hard to do the whole measure improvement based on beating the Broncos. That's all I'm saying

Now I hope we beat the bills. That would be something to celebrate.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I can respect that point for sure. It's just for me do you know how to hell every year(even back in the gruden days we always beat Denver what is the seeming exciting game only to get beat week two and then that's when it appears that the season really starts).

Don't get me wrong Denver fans are some of the most obnoxious sauce very happy that I have to hear anything from them after they traded the first round pick to get a coach who is retired I still ended up getting the same results against us. But taking my raider lens off, it's ultimately hard to do the whole measure improvement based on beating the Broncos. That's all I'm saying

Now I hope we beat the bills. That would be something to celebrate.

I am sure you will think of something to downplay a win (if it happens). Short week I am sure will be favourite. 

Heyward is out for the Steelers in week 3, you can use that as an excuse in case we beat the Steelers. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 5:13 PM, Blazer026 said:

I actually disagree with this take a little bit... It looks to me after watching the entire play that he's reading the RB and actually seems to read that the ball is going to him. I'm not the DC calling the play and I'm not going to pretend to know his exact responsibility on this play, but notice how his "pressure" he's gravitating towards the RB? The ball ends up going there and he was in position to make the tackle. 

Maybe it's just me but I don't think this is the right play to criticize is timing off the snap. I know he had some issues in college but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this play.