The Bears are who we thought they were, so we put them on a hook! Week 1 post game (1-0)

ThatJerkDave

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We really need to put Dillon in more favorable positions.  He doesn't change directions quickly, or with good balance.  Running him out of shotgun, or on stretch plays does him no favors.  Get him running straight ahead, and we have all seen him run through guys.  But when we ask him to get to the edge and turn the corner, NFL LBs and Ss are going to get him.

This was the thing with Dillon vs CHI, most of his runs never had a chance.  That being said, there were a couple where something was there and he just didn't make anything happen.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Makes me wonder why Wyatt didn't get more burn last season over the legendary Dean Lowry. Really makes you wonder what some of these coaches are watching.

Legitimate question to which there could be a lot of answers. Maybe it took him an offseason to process everything and put it together. Although, if they didn't think he had it at the end of last season why cut Lowry and not re-sign Reed?

Either way, he was a load yesterday. 

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm not the first to have said it, but Doubs might be the no.1 receiver going forward with Watson as the bona fide deep threat mismatch - and Reed the reliable slot receiver chain mover and for occasional end around trickery.

I don't know what Musgrave is yet, but I'm hopeful he's a regular red zone target, bailout option and occasional big-play artiste.

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting Doubs and Reed to be the receivers Love leans on the most, while Watson becomes a more dangerous version of MVS.  I don't really have a strong opinion on Musgrave yet, but the early signs are promising.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting Doubs and Reed to be the receivers Love leans on the most, while Watson becomes a more dangerous version of MVS.  I don't really have a strong opinion on Musgrave yet, but the early signs are promising.

Could we actually become a team without a "#1 WR," and Love just has enough confidence in all the guys to get it to who is open? I think everyone is selling Watson short as being just a speed guy over the top. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

But at the end of the year when Justin Fields gets to throw for 150 yards a game in garbage time, he will become the Bears first quarterback to throw for 4000 yards in a season. 

I know everyone wants to be cautious using the "B" word but Fields is one. Both HC and GM came in after he was drafted so they'll quite easily be able to say they came in, gave him a chance and some weapons. But make no mistake, he's not THEIR guy and the Bears will be drafting their next QB in the 2024 draft.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1

1. Jordan Love pass chart. Not surprisingly, looks nothing like Rodgers. And when he goes deep down sideline. almost always to the left. Not sure if that's dictated by defensive alignment, or if it's a preference.

pass-chart_LOV130776_2023-REG-1_16943924
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Reports from camp were that he made a huge leap.  He may have just developed.

When Wyatt did replace Lowry last year, run defense did improve by about 50 YPG and 1 YPC. So there may be something to the argument that he should have gotten more playing time earlier last year. Of course, it's also possible he wasn't showing enough in practice to cause the coaches to want to make a switch.