The Bears are who we thought they were, so we put them on a hook! Week 1 post game (1-0)

ThatJerkDave

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I love the amount of copium coming from Love doubters. He apparently had an "alright" game and was missing wide open guys a lot which isn't even remotely true. People are going to be beyond pissed that we did it again lol.

Hard to critique his performance when in a must have moment he picks up a loose ball and finds a guy for 50 yards on 3rd down, and then throws an absolute dime for a TD that basically sealed the game.

• Like 3

In my rewatch of the game, what was becoming clear to me was that Love was much better on downs and distances with a clear goal (i.e. "gain x yards" on 3rd down) than plays where the realm of desirable outcomes for the offense was wide open.  Like a 75 yard touchdown is always an option on 1st and 10 from your own 25, but you're not regularly going to get that and you need to know when to take 6 yards instead.  I think that comes in time.  His feet are good and his eyes are good and he's working through the puzzles at an NFL rate.  I think everything else comes in time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Hard to critique his performance when in a must have moment he picks up a loose ball and finds a guy for 50 yards on 3rd down, and then throws an absolute dime for a TD that basically sealed the game.

His RZ work was really good too. 3 for 3 in tuds is exactly what you wanna see from him.

• Like 3

Another nice win at Lambeau South in Chicago. Years ago on Favre's way out the door he signed a quitclaim deed giving ownership of the bears 🐻 to Aaron Rodgers. At the end of last season, on Roger's way out the door he signed a quitclaim deed giving ownership of the bears 🐻 to Jordan Love.

🐻 fans pain continues.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

In my rewatch of the game, what was becoming clear to me was that Love was much better on downs and distances with a clear goal (i.e. "gain x yards" on 3rd down) than plays where the realm of desirable outcomes for the offense was wide open.  Like a 75 yard touchdown is always an option on 1st and 10 from your own 25, but you're not regularly going to get that and you need to know when to take 6 yards instead.  I think that comes in time.  His feet are good and his eyes are good and he's working through the puzzles at an NFL rate.  I think everything else comes in time.

Yeah, I think we're not going to see nearly as many 30 yard heaves down the sideline on 3rd and short.

Remember when I’ve been saying all off-season how receivers are still overrated and you shouldn’t be handing out massive money to them or using first round picks to get them?

Reed, Watson and Doubs are all gonna be legit receivers. Doubs is looking like he might be the most complete of the three of them.

The Vikings drafted another first round receiver and scored 17 points. Lol.

First round receiver. Lol

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Remember when I’ve been saying all off-season how receivers are still overrated and you shouldn’t be handing out massive money to them or using first round picks to get them?

Reed, Watson and Doubs are all gonna be legit receivers. Doubs is looking like he might be the most complete of the three of them.

The Vikings drafted another first round receiver and scored 17 points. Lol.

First round receiver. Lol

JJ, Addison, and Hockenson - 17 points

Still waiting for Kwesi to make a smart move over there 

Listened to LeFleurs post game presser. He said that on the long pass to Musgrave, that Musgrave was cramping up as he was going for the ball.  LeFleur said he came over to Musgrave to give him a hard time about not scoring on that play. Told Musgrave he's never seen anyone so wide open that did not score.  Then he learned that Musgrave was cramping.  If true, that would explain why an easy touchdown was so hard.

• Like 3