The Bears are who we thought they were, so we put them on a hook! Week 1 post game (1-0)

ThatJerkDave

3 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

defense looked great but they've looked great week 1 before.  Its difficult to have too much confidence in them after previous years. 

When? We were absolutely smoked week 1 for sure the past two weeks. If you would have said they looked great, but it was the Bears, I'd get that. 

Who is that dude in the Bears forum who literally just said after that loss to @CalhounLambeau that the Packers should be worried about the QB position? Love just had 245 yards passing with a couple huge drops, 3 touchdowns, no turnovers and a better game as a passer than Fields has had in his career but we should be worried because Love doesn’t look the part to him?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think that answers the question of who is better between Love and Fields pretty emphatically.

Justin Fields will always resort to Justin Fields. He actually looked decent at times, getting beyond his first read. When they needed him to become 'the guy,' he locked in on his guy in the middle of the Field and Quay took the gift to the house. It was everything I thought about Fields encapsulated in 5 seconds. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Who is that dude in the Bears forum who literally just said after that loss to @CalhounLambeau that the Packers should be worried about the QB position? Love just had 245 yards passing with a couple huge drops, 3 touchdowns, no turnovers and a better game as a passer than Fields has had in his career but we should be worried because Love doesn’t look the part to him?

That guy is just being petty because he thought his QB would be further along by now. He is the epitome of jealousy and is talking stupid because of it. 

Defense looked GREAT!

That pass rush was getting there on EVERY play!

It also seems to look like Barry figured out how to use Savage. He seemed to be in the box alot more, around the point of tackles, and kind of roaming around ala what Woodson kinda used to do for us

• Like 1

It's Scary how good this offense will be when these new receivers and Love gel together. Right now It's imperative that Jones stays healthy until that happens. 

This team has no pressure and are playing loose and having fun out there. This DL and front 7 are the real deal. They can get after the QB and it's fun to watch. It's refreshing watching Kenny play with a good supporting cast. 

The OL is as advertised. Kept Love clean the entire game. They get the game ball. They're the strength of this team.

Only week one but the season couldn't have started any better.

Edit: How did I forget about Carlson?  Very happy for that kid. Made a big time kick and all his extra points. He should have a lot of confidence going forward.  Looks like we found another great kicker.

Edited by St Vince

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

When? We were absolutely smoked week 1 for sure the past two weeks. If you would have said they looked great, but it was the Bears, I'd get that. 

first year with the smiths was on my mind.  Looked elite (against the bears), by the end of the year they were swiss cheese

• Like 1

+s

-beat the bears. 
-no turnovers

-OLine pass blocking was top notch. 
-pass rush looked great. Fields got some yards but nothing too crazy. 
-ST were infallible.  I guess the second punt that should have been inside the 20 was a small black mark. 

-s

-definitely some growing pains with the young receivers. Didn’t seem like they always were in the right place. And Musgrave may be fast, but graceful he is not. 
-y it take us ‘til the second half to lean on Jones?

-zebras

Overall, I thought we shouldn’t get too hyped or down on today’s result so I’m definitely going to measure my optimism. It was just the crummy Bears, after all. They didn’t seem to blitz much which you would think would be the strategy against a young QB.  So, we will still need to see how we handle it going forward.  
It’s just hard to argue with 1-0 and 1-0 v NFCN.