The Bears are who we thought they were, so we put them on a hook! Week 1 post game (1-0)

ThatJerkDave

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I’m still just so peeved by that final touchdown. Don’t even let them sniff the end zone. You allow that relaxed BS to happen when the game is over and it starts to happen when it isn’t.

There were a lot of backups in the game on defense at the time.  I figure from a coaching perspective you figure that giving those guys experience against real NFL starters is more valuable than whatever pride the defense would maintain at winning by 3 scores (24) instead of winning by 3 scores (18).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

DJ Moore - 2 catches 25 yards. Someone who watched the coach's tape, it would be great to know if Jaire was following him all game.

By the way, the game was over after Ja shoved Fields out of bounds in the first quarter. The Bears lost their minds on a perfectly legal hit. 

Remember way back a day or two ago when some of you and @Packerraymond thought I was silly for taking GBs WRs over CHIs lolz

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Remember way back a day or two ago when some of you and @Packerraymond thought I was silly for taking GBs WRs over CHIs lolz

I do believe it was my post they were picking apart when I had the Packers with the EDGE in that department. I went through every position group.

I look like a fricking genius the way I laid that out, and I'm not one because Mensa won't return my calls. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I have to say- absolutely no complaints about Carlson today.  Every kick was money.

He had one XP that started hard left, then hooked just as hard to the right. Crazy curveball. Whatever works. His FG had plenty of distance and easily would have been good from 60. 

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There were a lot of backups in the game on defense at the time.  I figure from a coaching perspective you figure that giving those guys experience against real NFL starters is more valuable than whatever pride the defense would maintain at winning by 3 scores (24) instead of winning by 3 scores (18).

I know the logic and I don’t care. You get them their experience if they need experience. If the starters are healthy and don’t need a break, keep them in.

The Ravens, Steelers and every other team that has managed an elite defense more often than not over the past 30 years doesn’t do that crap.

Jordan Love belongs in this league.

I don't know how good he can ultimately be, but I'm pretty confident in saying he can at least play starter level football. That dude can spin the effing ball. I'm so excited about him and where this team is at.

I love how the team brought him along, and you could tell that they saw him take a leap from '22 to this year that gave them confidence in him. You can also tell his teammates love the guy and are excited about him.

I've got nothing against Rodgers despite the past year or so. I'll always love his game on the field, and it's sad to see him go, but it was time. I'm fully rooting for him to succeed in NY and I'd love if they took that division.

The entire national sports media absolutely slept on the Packers this year and I'm pumped.

• Like 7

I said I was looking for this defense with 8 1st round picks on it to really make the changes we heard about. I said I wanted to see them actually be physical and make plays to help this young offense have the time they need to come together. I was very happy with what I saw on both sides, but damn that defense came to eat. I know it's only one game so far, but they by far exceeded my expectations. Great division win on the road. Lets keep it going! Go Pack Go!