The Bears are who we thought they were, so we put them on a hook! Week 1 post game (1-0)

ThatJerkDave

14 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Remember when I’ve been saying all off-season how receivers are still overrated and you shouldn’t be handing out massive money to them or using first round picks to get them?

Reed, Watson and Doubs are all gonna be legit receivers. Doubs is looking like he might be the most complete of the three of them.

The Vikings drafted another first round receiver and scored 17 points. Lol.

First round receiver. Lol

major wishful thinking here, but there's a scenario in the next couple years where the Packers have the best wide receiver core in the league, but also the cheapest in the league 

Two one-year wonders who got paid are off to pretty bad week 1 starts. Geno Smith and Daniel Jones are about to prove the theory, that is you don't have a franchise quarterback, you don't have a quarterback. They were both good enough to get a team into the playoffs is things went perfect for an organization, but that is it. 

At least Seattle can get out of Geno's contract after this year. Giants are stuck with Jones next year as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Remember when I’ve been saying all off-season how receivers are still overrated and you shouldn’t be handing out massive money to them or using first round picks to get them?

Reed, Watson and Doubs are all gonna be legit receivers. Doubs is looking like he might be the most complete of the three of them.

Doubs looked way more confident out there. If he has that he's going to be a gamer. Reed is also legit.

23 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I think the lesson in Minnesota is that 1st round WRs can be ok if you have a good QB

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Does Colin Cowherd have a clue or just a show with a big audience? He's a tool IMO. 

He's as knowledgeable as any serious sports fan would be, but no more than that.  I've heard Cowherd a couple times outside of his own show talking about what he does.  He's actually fully aware of how weird it is that he's become rich by making up hot takes that trigger reactions from sports fans. Was actually kind of interesting listening to his viewpoint on it, and how he approaches the process of keeping fans tuned in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

He's as knowledgeable as any serious sports fan would be, but no more than that.  I've heard Cowherd a couple times outside of his own show talking about what he does.  He's actually fully aware of how weird it is that he's become rich by making up hot takes that trigger reactions from sports fans. Was actually kind of interesting listening to his viewpoint on it, and how he approaches the process of keeping fans tuned in.

I think Cowherd is as much an act as anything.  He has pretty clearly stated that a big part of his job is to generate ratings or he is out of a job.  overtime, he figured out what fanbases could be the most outraged by taking a stance that is "controversial".

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

If you have a good QB you better be using those picks to protect him or give him some defense.

I can't really argue with you on this much because I largely agree with the concept. I do think Jefferson is worth a first round pick, though. But he's exceptional, and he's rare, and the larger trend to go OT or EDGE or CB and probably a pass rushing IDL instead for sure.