Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

On 9/12/2023 at 12:17 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

If that stopgap doesn't get playoffs and we don't get a franchise QB in this loaded draft I'm gonna be pissed.

I think there’s a good chance we don’t draft a QB in round 1 next year if we miss the playoffs.  Reason being JMD would be on a scorching hot seat in that scenario and 1) couldn’t afford to spend a high 1st rounder on a QB that won’t play 2) JMD wouldn’t draft a QB and play him in a “you HAVE to get to the playoffs or your fired season 3) it doesn’t make sense from the organization’s standpoint to draft a 1st round QB for a lame duck coach and potentially front office.  Why draft the QB that fits the coach/system that won’t be here next year?  Replacing a coach after the 1st round QB’s rookie season wastes an entire year of the 4+1 year advantage of a cheap rookie contract QB and even worse is likely to stagnate of retard their development.

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think there’s a good chance we don’t draft a QB in round 1 next year if we miss the playoffs.  Reason being JMD would be on a scorching hot seat in that scenario and 1) couldn’t afford to spend a high 1st rounder on a QB that won’t play 2) JMD wouldn’t draft a QB and play him in a “you HAVE to get to the playoffs or your fired season 3) it doesn’t make sense from the organization’s standpoint to draft a 1st round QB for a lame duck coach and potentially front office.  Why draft the QB that fits the coach/system that won’t be here next year?  Replacing a coach after the 1st round QB’s rookie season wastes an entire year of the 4+1 year advantage of a cheap rookie contract QB and even worse is likely to stagnate of retard their development.

If we pass on the best qb class in 5-10 years I will be in agony.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As would I.  But let’s face it McDaniels will do what’s in his best interests to retain his job (as would most people, but even moreso with McDaniels aka “Snake” around the league).  

I’d guess the ideal scenario is JMD shows enough to stay and the team does well enough but not too good where we can’t draft a QB without trading a king’s ransom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You're a Carr stan and it's pretty pathetic 

Geeze…. I think you officially have Carr Derangement Syndrome.

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

Lol.  I don't care to change it.  I like to discuss the Raiders on this forum with diehard fans, but updating my avatar isn't exactly on my list of important things to do with my life.

How dare you not change your logo immediately upon his release!  Priorities, Dangit!

In other news Carr did look pretty good last week.  5th most yard with 305.  2nd highest average at 9.2yds per attempt.  10th best QBR at 96.  And he got the Win.  Just to piss off CDS patients here I hope the guy has a good year and remaining career.  

• Like 2

Lol this thing is going off the rails quicker than Tyree Wilson gets off the snap, that's for sure. 

Anyways...

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we wind up with a top 10 pick, I say trade back. Be the team getting a little ransom. I just can't buy into Caleb Williams, and we're not gonna be in a spot to draft him without giving up a ton (and that's coming from me, the guy who thinks McDaniels sucks). 

Assuming most of the guys who are eligible for the draft declare and nobody takes a huge tumble a'la Levis or Willis, we could easily grab a QB + extra ammo. The class is just that insanely deep. I want the QBOTF, but I can say right now, despite my unabashed disdain for McZeigler, if they passed on QB initially in round 1 next year I would 100% defend the rationale until all the top guys were gone and we're sitting in late round 2/early round 3 taking another TE or something lol 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah DT and CB would probably my top two targets.

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t know, I see your logic of course, but teams have drafted a rookie then fired the coach the following season. Plus, if he kid is an elite prospect, one lost year is not ideal but he could still succeed like Hurts or Lawrence. I don’t think that necessarily ruins a prospect, maybe just delays development.