Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

On yet another note, Aaron Rodgers' career follows the trajectory of Brett Favre again.  After playing for the Packers for so many years, he gets traded to the Jets.  Then he gets hurt and the season fizzles out for him. 

As for next year, did I hear that Kirk Cousins is on the last year of his contract with the Vikings in 2023?  Who could they get to replace him?  Hmmm...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Truly sucks if that's the end of his career though. Makes the AFC easier, but makes the league less fun without Rodgers.

I tend to believe that this is not it for him. The way he was talking was that he was giving the Jets 2 seasons guaranteed, then who knows after that.  He was truly enjoying himself here and I think he doesn't want to go out like that. 

18 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I tend to believe that this is not it for him. The way he was talking was that he was giving the Jets 2 seasons guaranteed, then who knows after that.  He was truly enjoying himself here and I think he doesn't want to go out like that. 

I hope he can come back for you guys next year!

28 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

If he has suffered an Achilles injury, all bets are off the board for his career. 

2 hours ago, Belle7 said:

If he has suffered an Achilles injury, all bets are off the board for his career. 

Aaron Rodgers is going out like that. I believe he’ll give it a go one last year. 

Heartbreaking news for Jets fans.

Edited by Tony7188

Really really unfortunate. 

The Jets tried to drum up something to get a buzz going for their fanbase and build up some momentum after moving to revamp the roster, and they made mostly right moves on paper. 

When so much of a season seemed to be riding on this, I honestly don't know how any Jets fans aren't totally deflated right now, even with the win. And yo just know if the season begins to go sideways, it's going to dominate the sports media world. 

Tough kick to the nads, guys. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Aaron Rodgers is going out like that. I believe he’ll give it a go one last year. 

Heartbreaking news for Jets fans.

I assume you mean "isn't" going out like that? In which case I agree with you, he'll feel like this is unfinished business try to play next year.

Sucks for Rodgers, really sucks for the Jets who just seem cursed at this point.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1