GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

Pretty much the entire team wilted in Q4 once the pressure to execute came to bear.  ATL was the far tougher team both physically and mentally.  Sucks, but that's the long and short of it. 

We knew going into this season that there would be some ups and downs.  That Q4 was definitely a downer.

Just now, Spartacus said:

The offense was without Jenkins, Bahk, Jones, and Watson and yet outplayed Atlanta for 3 quarters. The defense needed to step up and make a stop on one of those drives.

Most importantly, they had 2 pick sixes go through their hands. Completely different game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The question I pose is, did we really miss him? Did you notice that he wasn't there? 

Also, Newman held up just fine in relief of Jenkins.  

I think the OL will be fine.  

Definitely on that first drive. But if “softness” is an issue on this team, this guy throwing tantrums online and sitting out turf games doesn’t help. Vibes are real the NFL. 

Give the falcons credit, they ran the ball right down our throats.  Our defense just cannot stop a good running team.  They played well along the line in the 1st quarter, but then as the game went on got weaker and weaker.  Campbell is just cashing paychecks at this point.

I rarely say this....but those on field refs were decidedly one-sided in the placement of the ball.  The took about a yard away from Dillion late in the 4th quarter on that first down run.

Dillon = JAG.

The offensive line for all the injuries we had (I guess Bak won't play on Turf, but still wants to get a game check), and Jenkins going out...held up ok.

1 minute ago, Tperk said:

Sucks to lose this one, but if you said we split first 2 games while missing Watson for both games and Jones, Bahk, and basically Jenkins for a one game, I woulda been fine with 1-1 after 2 games.

I would have been too but losing a game like this hits different because it's the mark of a soft, poorly coached team. We see this wayyy to often.