The Killing (Justin) Fields

notthatbluestuff

44 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

There was no Luck or Burrow coming out last year so it made sense to trade back and ride with him for another year.  

I think Bryce Young is gonna be a star QB. Elite of the elites? Maybe not, but definitely very good IMO. The Bears screwed up. Traded down & then drafted a dude I consider to be a future bust. 

They refuse to run him, Baker Mayfield had more rushing yards yesterdaylmao, real square peg in a round hole kinda stuff just like last year. And their playcalling in general is putrid. Two screens in a row inside your endzone is the definition of insanity and stupidity. Everybody keeps replaying that interception but like why are you calling a screen inside your own endzone in the first place? Stupid stupid stupidbad

Fields probably isn’t the answer but neither is this coaching staff

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think Bryce Young is gonna be a star QB. Elite of the elites? Maybe not, but definitely very good IMO. The Bears screwed up. Traded down & then drafted a dude I consider to be a future bust. 

You honestly think Bryce Young wouldn’t get ruined behind this Bears offensive brain trust?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

.. is to show you are capable of putting your players in the best position to win games so that the organization may retain your services in the future. 

I don't think that's an entirely safe assumption.

Possibly eeeking out a couple wins by letting Fields off the hook and just playing him like a glorified Running Back probably isn't going to save your job.  Especially not if your mandate from upper brass was to come in and ascertain whether Fields can be the "quarterback of the future" or not.  I think there's a very good reason the Bears didn't bother to bring in a "Plan B" at quarterback.  Rolling Peterman as your backup is immensely telling about the purpose of this season.  Figuring out just how useless Fields is as a quarterback, is likely a lot more valuable in proving your worth to the organization than scraping out a win or two with a lackluster RB under center.

Edited by Tugboat

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

You honestly think Bryce Young wouldn’t get ruined behind this Bears offensive brain trust?

I think he is a stud QB prospect. You could do more by drafting Young & sending Fields out for more picks IMO. That’s what I would have done. I loved the top 2 QB’s last year. Was never a Fields guy despite watching him play almost every college game living in Ohio. Very poor anticipatory thrower. 

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m happy Eberflus thinks that is a good play. We ran it 3 times in a row and they pick sixed the last time. Eberflus has a soft brain. 

Gross.

Everyone knows the smartest most bestest people have rock hard brains.  Just really firm and chiseled.  Not all gross and squishy and soft.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think he is a stud QB prospect. You could do more by drafting Young & sending Fields out for more picks IMO. That’s what I would have done. I loved the top 2 QB’s last year. Was never a Fields guy despite watching him play almost every college game living in Ohio. Very poor anticipatory thrower. 

I think that he’s a better fit for the Bears then Fields, but i think Young gets killed behind that OL and I doubt the stupid playcalling goes away w just because Young is a “stud”

41 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not even Bryce Young, look at how good CJ Stroud has been the past 2 weeks behind a trainwreck of an offensive line!

Bottom line, Justin Fields is not an NFL QB but the Chicago coaching staff is one of the worst I've ever seen as well.

26 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

These are all his college flaws that a better team could have tried to coach out of him and help him develop through, instead the Bears broke the kid.

How often have we actually seen those types of flaws really "coached out" of a guy at the NFL level?  Where NFL coaching has rectified poor anticipation, weak pocket feel, trouble making reads and going through progressions, a busted internal clock?

I can't think of too many instances off the top of my head.

At best, we've sometimes seen guys schemed up to sweep some of their issues under the rug for a little while.

There are some rough edges that can be polished, and then there are some that seem exceedingly rare to overcome.

• Like 1