Week 2 MNF GDT #2: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers

candyman93

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Steelers

I get it, I’d be relishing in the misery too if another team did what the Browns did for Watson.

What I don’t need are people who have/had Ben Roethlisberger avatars lecturing me on taking the moral highground, or engaging with me seconds after watching Nick Chubb’s career end.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get it, I’d be relishing in the misery too if another team did what the Browns did for Watson.

What I don’t need are people who have/had Ben Rowthlisberger avatars lecturing me on taking the moral highground, or engaging with me seconds after watching Nick Chubb’s career end.

I mean of course, no one needs that, but such is the internet. There were plenty of Jim Brown avatars lecturing Ravens fans about morals after Ray Rice. Feels like the "don't lecture us about the morals of our players" tone and energy has shifted dramatically now that the shoe is on the other foot. Just funny 

Edited by Ray Reed

Just now, Ray Reed said:

I mean of course, no one needs that, but such is the internet. There were plenty of Jim Brown avatars lecturing Ravens fans about morals after Ray Rice. Shoe is on the other foot now after decades, and it feels like the "don't lecture us about the morals of our players" tone has shifted dramatically. Just funny 

I mean, Ben took one of my friends out for a date in college and is an Ohio kid (Findlay) who did some pretty messed up things going back to his Miami of Ohio days. Some things in life are more personal than others.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

I mean of course, no one needs that, but such is the internet. There were plenty of Jim Brown avatars lecturing Ravens fans about morals after Ray Rice. Shoe is on the other foot now after decades, and it feels like the "don't lecture us about the morals of our players" tone has shifted dramatically. Just funny 

I think any fan lecturing another fanbase about the morals of their team is comical. None of us make these decisions and literally every team employs dirtbags or would if they felt they needed to.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, Ben took one of my friends out for a date in college and is an Ohio kid (Findlay) who did some pretty messed up things going back to his Miami of Ohio days. Some things in life are more personal than others.

Being personally impacted doesn’t make a point more or less valid though. He’s not wrong.  

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think any fan lecturing another fanbase about the morals of their team is comical. None of us make these decisions and literally every team employs dirtbags or would if they felt they needed to.

None of the Browns fans who did this were being serious if they said they are glad the Browns didn't pick Ben Roethlisberger. Or didn't wish that the Browns stayed in Cleveland and did what the Ravens did. I'm not mourning over any fans that are gone now because they seriously thought like that and now we have Deshaun.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

None of the Browns fans who did this were being serious if they said they are glad the Browns didn't pick Ben Roethlisberger. Or didn't wish that the Browns stayed in Cleveland and did what the Ravens did. I'm not mourning over any fans that are gone now because they seriously thought like that and now we have Deshaun.

The hate for Watson and idolizing of Jim Brown by the same people is a wild thing to experience.

For the record, they’re both garbage humans.  Don’t wanna give the wrong impressions lol.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

"Wow it must be really crappy for Browns fans that MY opinion on their team changed"

Ok narcissists

No -  it’s crappy for you because you follow the worst team in all of sports. Not in the NFL. Not in football. Not in the US, even. In ALL of sports. That’s a very special brand of crap. And you wake up and go to sleep in it for the better part of 30 years. 

Now… we’re in position to start saying the quiet parts out loud. Which is what many of us are doing. Including those who don’t cheer for good teams (but no matter how bad our teams are, we KNOW we’re not the Browns). 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No -  it’s crappy for you because you follow the worst team in all of sports. Not in the NFL. Not in football. Not in the US, even. In ALL of sports. That’s a very special brand of crap. And you wake up and go to sleep in it for the better part of 30 years. 

Now… we’re in position to start saying the quiet parts out loud. Which is what many of us are doing. Including those who don’t cheer for good teams (but no matter how bad our teams are, we KNOW we’re not the Browns). 

People are gonna get irrationally up in their feels when you say this, but to those folks, show me the lie.

Last night the Browns had a chance to start 2-0 for the first time since the Hoodie was our head coach.  Not 8-0, not 10-0.  2-0.  We had our first week 1 home opener win since 2004 last week.

We’re the most pathetic franchise in modern sports.  

Hopefully that changes moving forward, but a couple of seasons of hovering around .500 ain’t gonna do that.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

The quiet part has been being said out loud this entire time, it's just your perception of it on the outside that has changed. Go look at how Joe Thomas's career is talked about, go look at every infographic that has existed for the Browns in every one of their primetime games for the last decade. There was never a quiet part, and definitely not in Cleveland.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

The quiet part has been being said out loud this entire time, it's just your perception of it on the outside that has changed. Go look at how Joe Thomas's career is talked about, go look at every infographic that has existed for the Browns in every one of their primetime games for the last decade. There was never a quiet part, and definitely not in Cleveland.

This is also true.  At no point in my 40 years have opposing fans, the media, etc not pointed out how ****ty we were at any and every opportunity.

Theres never been a quiet part, just more folks feel compelled to pile on now.  That said, they’re not wrong.

• Like 3