The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve seen this comparison before but I don’t agree with it. Going into his 5th year Burrow started 13 games in college. Jayden had started 43. It’s a significant difference in tape and volume of work. Not saying he can’t have the same type of jump just that I don’t think it’s an apt comparison. I actually think the fact Kenny Pickett, Bo Nix, Bailey Zappe, Michael Penix etc made similar jumps after starting a ton of games in college is what scares me. Is it just that he’s very good or is it the experience he has over a bunch of 18-20 year olds? I guess we won’t know until he gets up here. 

The clear difference is that Joe Burrow didn’t play at Ohio State. Jayden Daniels played almost every snap in college football from the time he was a freshman.

Burrow didn’t play. So, you would think that Daniels would’ve flashed a lot more in those 4 years than a guy who had only played 1 year of college football.

Also, we talk about guys jumping off the tape when you’re watching other players? Watching Jordan Morgan, and Arizona has this kid, #4 Tetairoa McMillan, big receiver. Looks like he’s a true sophomore. Damn, he is one to watch…pure hands catcher, fluid mover with a huge body, even watched him rip a 20+ yard throw from the left side numbers to the back right corner of the end zone on some kind of modified Philly Special double pass thing. What an athlete.

There’s another one like that, a DE for UTSA who just transferred to Texas, named Trey Moore. I saw him while he was playing against Patrick Paul, and he’s got some absolute juice. I will have my eye on him in a major way.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I kinda love this call. 

I like Morgan a lot, and I’ve been trying to justify keeping him at OT because I think he’s a good player, but truthfully…his arms probably are too short, and the feet probably are a little fringy for LT, especially with some of the injury history that will probably continue to sap the mobility as time goes on. 

You can definitely see a ZBS guard in some of his movements and ability to turn guys to create those creases. I think he and Graham Barton are pretty comparable as guys I’d love to see for that IOL sweet spot at 36/40.

Those are the two I'd be targeting too. The Packers as well as us have had good success turning college OTs into pro OG's. OT Patrick Paul out of Houston is not someone you could do this with. And I'm not sure you draft a developmental OT after most likely drafting a first round QB. But you could talk me into Patrick Paul. OT Kingsley Suamataia is another potential IOL player. Unfortunately this isn't the greatest IOL class in terms of 1st and 2nd round prospects, but I'd much rather talk second round prospects than the ad-nauseam QB battle that will be going on for the next two months. I really think we need to get an O-lineman prospect in round 2. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

actually think the fact Kenny Pickett, Bo Nix, Bailey Zappe, Michael Penix etc made similar jumps after starting a ton of games in college is what scares me. 

I think you are seriously undervaluing what Jayden Daniels just accomplished then. You can't compare Jayden Daniels's Heisman year to friggin Bailey Zappe playing at Western Kentucky. 

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yay! The Underwear Olympics where many people forget that the game tape matters more than what a player does in their underwear! 😂

And then players like Anthony Richardson from last year prove different

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I think you are seriously undervaluing what Jayden Daniels just accomplished then. You can't compare Jayden Daniels's Heisman year to friggin Bailey Zappe playing at Western Kentucky. 

Zappe threw for nearly 6000 yards, 62 TD and completed 70% of his passes. He only threw 11 picks on nearly 700 attempts. I don't care if he played for the Hill Toppers, that is insane production. 

• Like 2

If we’re able to score a guy like Huff in FA, Bralen Trice is a guy I’d imagine would be high on our board at 36. 

Big body, thunderous hands, extremely forceful player. He honestly ate Jordan Morgan up, which is a big reason why I can’t truly believe he’s an NFL OT — Trice just kept getting his hands inside him, controlling him, and had him on skates. Very impressive performance.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Last few days of this thread +1000 everyone.  Super good discussion, lots of different opinions that are all compelling.  Enjoying everyone's thoughts.

I can't begin to express what this site has meant to me over the years . Argue, fight like brothers, praise each other at times . . Someone always post the last news too ! Love that . The faithful membership is to be appreciated in no small measure, even the ones that visit on occasion . Sure missing WOZ and Doc Draper.

Doc my good wife gave me an 18 y o for Christmas. oh yes , it was a Scotch sadly --or not so sadly. Glenfiddich- not your Macallan but very good . ! Here's to you and my Forum Friends. This is the only Redskin Forum I touch BTW !

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I can't begin to express what this site has meant to me over the years . Argue, fight like brothers, praise each other at times . . Someone always post the last news too ! Love that . The faithful membership is to be appreciated in no small measure, even the ones that visit on occasion . Sure missing WOZ and Doc Draper.

Doc my good wife gave me an 18 y o for Christmas. oh yes , it was a Scotch sadly --or not so sadly. Glenfiddich- not your Macallan but very good . ! Here's to you and my Forum Friends. This is the only Redskin Forum I touch BTW !

Only forum I have used for over 20 years,Only e16bball was here before me.I know I dont post much but I read every day.

• Like 7

On 2/26/2024 at 1:13 AM, offbyone said:

Last few days of this thread +1000 everyone.  Super good discussion, lots of different opinions that are all compelling.  Enjoying everyone's thoughts.

I love this forum!!! I can’t stand social media. As we all know I have a different outlook than most consensus rankings. And people don’t post takes with info to counter your ranks they just say you don’t know football 🤣🤣🤣 it’s very enlightening. I love this group!!! Everyone has smart information based opinions and we always respect each other even when we’re posting points others don’t agree with I love it here!!! 

• Like 2

Well for all the takes and preferences today is where we start to hear rumblings with alittle more weight then all the pre combine reports we’ve heard so far. It’s the start of the Peters and Quinn era folks so now we start to get ideas about this groups handlings. Will they keep things in house? Hopefully. But things will still get leaked or speculated. So now we get to see what comes out and compare come April when we make the picks

• Like 2

I’m the baby here, since I only joined FF right before the transition to the new site but that’s still 6 years with you guys and the college football forum.  I’ve been on forums for 20 years overall, wish I had joined up sooner.  

This forum……this is it.  FF is still pretty active, and has just about everything you need.  Most other places that came around the same time are closed up.  

• Like 1