The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

All you’re seeing is that Washington not open for business for Pick 2. Shocker. 

Nor should they.  If a team wants to offer a franchise crippling trade, Washington would be dumb not to at least listen to the phone call.  But that kind of offer isn't coming in.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Nor should they.  If a team wants to offer a franchise crippling trade, Washington would be dumb not to at least listen to the phone call.  But that kind of offer isn't coming in.

I think the context of franchise crippling trade would need to be identified. I think of the teams that have called, they probably submitted some offers that might fit the bill and we just flat said no. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think the context of franchise crippling trade would need to be identified. I think of the teams that have called, they probably submitted some offers that might fit the bill and we just flat said no. 

I mean, if Minnesota offered up #11, #23, '25 FRP, '26 FRP AND Justin Jefferson, Washington would be stupid to say no to that unless they're convinced that their QB of choice is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, if Minnesota offered up #11, #23, '25 FRP, '26 FRP AND Justin Jefferson, Washington would be stupid to say no to that unless they're convinced that their QB of choice is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

I don't think in any world that JJ would be part of a draft pick trade unless Minnesota is the one receiving picks for him. 

That said the 4 1sts (2 this year and 1 each following) would qualify in my mind as "Franchise Crippling" and if offered, I'm not sure Adam Peters accepts it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Safe to assume we haven't either. 

I mean, what a team is willing to give up and what a team needs to move off their pick is usually 2 different price tags, which is why it's unlikely we see a pre-draft deal even though we know what the Bears plan on doing with their pick.  Until there's a deadline, there's no reason to budge unless it hits your value mark.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think in any world that JJ would be part of a draft pick trade unless Minnesota is the one receiving picks for him. 

That said the 4 1sts (2 this year and 1 each following) would qualify in my mind as "Franchise Crippling" and if offered, I'm not sure Adam Peters accepts it.

Oh, I'm not saying that Minnesota would offer that package but it'd have to be a package like that for you to consider moving off that pick pre-draft.  Odds are Minnesota's offer comes up substantially lower than that.  And I don't see Minnesota offering up more than their FRPs this year plus their FRP next year at the absolute most.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Oh, I'm not saying that Minnesota would offer that package but it'd have to be a package like that for you to consider moving off that pick pre-draft.  Odds are Minnesota's offer comes up substantially lower than that.  And I don't see Minnesota offering up more than their FRPs this year plus their FRP next year at the absolute most.

Enter... the RAIDERS!!!

Haha. If we have proven that Daniels is "the guy" for us. There is only one team that could potentially want him enough to sacrifice everything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Speaking of the Purple Side. How does Vike Nation feel about K C being gone ?

he was too expensive to keep, and it would have held back any QB we drafted.

we wish him the best, and feel we probably got the best he had in him for the six years we had him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

Strong preference for Roman Wilson out of those guys. I really like Roman, he sort of reminds me of a McLaurin/Dotson mashup — he has a good bit of speed, extremely fluid, and he’s got ball skills despite being quite small. That dude was always coming open and making plays for Michigan.

Pearsall should seem like a guy I would like, and I do, but I really don’t think he tracks (or plays) the deep ball well at all. That’s a bit of a shame for a guy with his size and speed. That just frustrates me.

Corley is a guy I’m just not sold on. I see the flashes and the physical ability…but if your primary selling point is that you’re a mid-major YAC guy, that’s a tough sell for me.

Roman Wilson reminds me of a shorter Chris Olave. Like you said, just extremely fluid. I wouldn't mind him, but like you said we already have WRs just like him. 

It feels to me WR is gonna be one of the positions they come away with in the 2nd or 3rd round. Should be interesting to see who they go after. 

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Roman Wilson reminds me of a shorter Chris Olave. Like you said, just extremely fluid. I wouldn't mind him, but like you said we already have WRs just like him. 

It feels to me WR is gonna be one of the positions they come away with in the 2nd or 3rd round. Should be interesting to see who they go after. 

I love Wilson but I just have a feeling about Oregons Franklin and I think he fits perfect with his size here

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I love Wilson but I just have a feeling about Oregons Franklin and I think he fits perfect with his size here

Yeah, I see the fit as well. He will stretch the field well and has some height that we need. He runs good crossing routes underneath as well. His weight is a factor though. He's like Emmanuel Forbes at WR. I feel he's kind of a boom or bust guy. 

• Like 2