Week 4 GDT: Raiders @ Chargers - The one where AOC starts

big_palooka

Step into my office......   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who outcoaches the other this week?

• Brandon "4th and short at my own 20 yard line" Staley
    • Josh "Send in the field goal unit down 8" McDaniels

What would you need to see to think McDaniels will give him next week's start over a healthy Jimmy? 300yards 2 tds no picks? The win with at least 250 yards? I'm kind of curious what's going through McDaniels mind in regards to this. The playbook is obviously going to be dumbed down a bit, and if he's more successful with a smaller playbook it makes me wonder

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

What would you need to see to think McDaniels will give him next week's start over a healthy Jimmy? 300yards 2 tds no picks? The win with at least 250 yards? I'm kind of curious what's going through McDaniels mind in regards to this. The playbook is obviously going to be dumbed down a bit, and if he's more successful with a smaller playbook it makes me wonder

Nothing short of a stellar performance - 3 or more TD's , no turnovers and 300+ yards. Would take a lot for him to admit he was wrong about Jimmy so early. If he's healthy enough to play next week he will

Edited by Dodo

12 minutes ago, NickButera said:

for me, (not what i think mcds will do), 
- can you back the chargers out of a stacked box?
- can you get anyone else on the O involved outside of DA?
- do you look poised in the pocket
- can you push the ball down the field. Our first 40+ yard pass incoming???
- scramble to pick up a 1st on 3rd?

not to concerned about the W/L or specific stats. This will be more of an eye test game for me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

not to concerned about the W/L or specific stats. This will be more of an eye test game for me. 

But do you think Mcdaniels sees it the same way? Does he think, if he commands the offense, the job is his?

37 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Ekeler, bosa, Derwin James all out. I still don't think the game is winnable. But Staley is still the HC so you never know.

It’s the Chargers, any game against them is eminently winnable 😀

For some reason, it doesn’t matter how strong their team is on paper I always fancy our chances against them, they never scare me really. 

34 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I’m not really thinking about his desired stats, what I want to see is AOC hitting the obviously open guys, see velocity on throws down the seams, accuracy and throwing on time and the odd play where he challenges the defensive backs deep. 

If he can do that the I’d think he would be able to run the offence at a reasonable level. Garoppolo simply hasn’t been able to be efficient which is his calling card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Yea sir can he open up the running game, move the ball go over 20 points and limit turnovers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

So I guess Jimmy Garoppolo finished his Raiders career with a 0.333 ‘win rate’, significantly worse than Carr……….🧐

joking of course 😄

Saints 2-2 and Carr has that offense humming! After today they'll be like 29th in scoring offense. #MambaMentality