SNF: Chiefs @ Jets

RaidersAreOne

The whole point of this entire Taylor Swift thing is to create a bad guy in the NFL. There isn't one, no one that everyone universally hates who isn't a fan of that particular team. That stuff gets ratings and builds drama. So enter Taylor Swift, talk about it until everyone is completely and utterly sick of it, and now people lose their mind over things that wouldn't normally bother them much.

Like an actual hold getting called. Everyone mad now, typical Chiefs! Always having the refs hand them games! Ignore the horrendous calls that made this an actual football game when it was 17-0 and Jets couldn't find water if they fell off a boat.

Good thing Salah had a hissy fit though, great leadership!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I dislike Mahomes’ personality and enjoy rooting against the Chiefs, AND that flag was thrown extremely late and after the pick…

But was that not defensive holding?

Not if you're invested in narratives lol 

Crazy weird game, GG Jets 🤜🤛

3 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

My favorite part of that blatant offensive hold was when 11 started slapping the guys helmet because he wasn't getting the call. 

Rough end of game for the zebras, I'd say 

Ignore my av for a second - I concede that was 100% holding on Johnson (Smith holding him I mean).

I was actually wondering if they would have called offsetting penalties for hands to the face because he does smack him right in the helmet lol. 

In fact, when I watched the play live, I was watching Taylor on the other side (paranoid he would give up a flag). Apparently the refs were too lol.  But when you see that play back, it's legitimately hard to notice anything but the guys on the left side going to war. Like a funny photobomb or something

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

Just now, Soggust said:

Ignore my av for a second - I concede that was 100% holding on Johnson.

I was actually wondering if they would have called offsetting penalties for hands to the face because he does smack him right in the helmet lol. 

In fact, when I watched the play live, I was watching Taylor on the other side (paranoid he would give up a flag). Apparently the refs were too lol.  But when you see that play back, it's legitimately hard to notice anything but the guys on the left side going to war. Like a funny photobomb or something

It's one of the longest holds I've ever seen. Legitimately still holding 11 when Mahomes is 10 yards down field. 

26 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I dislike Mahomes’ personality and enjoy rooting against the Chiefs, AND that flag was thrown extremely late and after the pick…

But was that not defensive holding?

It was by the letter of the law, just very ticky tacky. Didn’t blatantly impact the play IMO. I think the fact that a few plays earlier they missed a pretty blatant hold on the LT, and that he didn’t throw the flag until after the INT (a good few seconds after the “hold”) is what makes it seem all the more egregious.

I feel the NFL needs some system of accountability with their refs if they’re going to be shoving gambling in our faces like this. 

• Like 2