Bears legend D Butkus passes away

CBears019

As a Packer fan let me express my sincere condolences to all Bear fans at the passing of Mr. Butkus. He was a great among greats and I always felt he embodied my impression of what a Bear player was...tough, determined, no-nonsense.  A player's player. He gave it all.  Hopefully tonight he is looking down to watch your team win tonight. Being old, I had the pleasure of personally watching him play and always respected and admired what he brought to every game. Definitely a "must see" player.  

Edited by minnypackerfan
  • Like 5

I used to watch his highlights as a kid to get pumped for little league football.

I (also) had an old VHS tape called "NFL Crunchtime" and he was featured it in.  If memory serves it was like him and Ronnie Lot, Lawrence Taylor and a few others.

Then I would go out to do my best to murder children (in my defense I was a children as well).

Edited by dll2000
typo

Iconic name. One of the first names you think of when you think all time nfl players. The violence, animosity, and power he played with makes it shocking he managed to make it to 80. Watching his highlights, he looks like what Wilt Chamberlain was back then: a man against boys. He was knocking over OL like they were kickers. Hell, he even killed a dude on the field. I’m the most dry eyed bears fan about his death, but it’s because you don’t mourn the end of a life that went 80 years. You celebrate them having a full one. 

• Like 2