We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Some people have life things going on. Where have I been wrong? I said he wasn't good from the outset and he hasn't been good. Not my fault I'm one of the few fans who can take the rose colored glasses off and be objective about my team.

The 180 you guys have done over the last month has been a sight to behold. After week 1 you guys were praising Gute and Lafluer to no end now they are the ones who set Love up for failure? Enough with the excuses, he either plays better or he can look for another job next year.

He was analytically the best QB in the NFL through 2 weeks. He's been analytically the 2nd worst QB in the NFL the last two weeks.

He's shown he's capable of high end traits, it's up to the staff to coach the bad ones out of him. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MacReady said:

It was borderline me being me the first two weeks, but last week and into this week it became clear Love is not the answer.

Quarterbacks with great futures don’t throw for under 200 yards with three picks and 0 touchdowns against really bad defenses.

David Carr (not Derek) didn’t have a three interception game as a rookie. Behind perhaps the worst supporting cast in NFL history.

What exactly did you expect with a first year QB and all these young WRs?  Mahomes?  lol

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What exactly did you expect with a first year QB and all these young WRs?  Mahomes?  lol

I expect a guy who isn't clearly holding the team back. 5 weeks and he still can't muster a 100 yards passing in the first half. They are scared to have him throw the ball.

7 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Some people have life things going on. Where have I been wrong? I said he wasn't good from the outset and he hasn't been good. Not my fault I'm one of the few fans who can take the rose colored glasses off and be objective about my team.

The 180 you guys have done over the last month has been a sight to behold. After week 1 you guys were praising Gute and Lafluer to no end, now they are the ones who set Love up for failure? Enough with the excuses, he either plays better or he can look for another job next year.

lmao @beekay414 @Norm

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Agreed. Hard to look comfortable when Aiden Hutchinson and Maxx Crosby are in your lap for 120 football minutes.

It's easy to rag on Love's performance, but this team still can't pass block or run the ball, and I'd classify our TE/WRs as "improving".

The terrible blocking by our WRs and TEs is killing us.  These kids don't know what they are doing out there if they aren't running routes.  Putting a rookie TE on Crosby was insanely stupid.  

• Like 1

Most folks who knew the season was going to be rocky are approaching it the same way. Things are rough right now. They'll make the big staffing and roster changes if they need to after all 17 games are played. Obviously we can all fast forward to the end of the year to be the first to declare Love a bust (I don't think he is yet, but I'm also not invested in failure) or that MLF and/or Gute are done. 

As with all young teams and players, some patience is needed.

• Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

The terrible blocking by our WRs and TEs is killing us.  These kids don't know what they are doing out there if they aren't running routes.  Putting a rookie TE on Crosby was insanely stupid.  

Yeah some of those moves have me wondering about MLF. Seems like sometimes he relies on long developing plays and rookie TEs to make a key block. Seems like there could be a few quicker developing plays in there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Somebody with some damn moxie. 

I will say one thing I kinda like about Love is he isn't a deer in headlights out there.  He is screwing up but show me a first year starting QB who doesn't?  There are a handful but they are few and far between.  I'm going to withhold judgement on Love until December.  If he isn't showing improvement by then then it might be time to consider moving on.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Striker said:

He's just a parody of what he thinks the AR "haters" were now. The issue is this time EVERYONE accepts that Love needs blame, that wasn't the case when AR sucked, some people would never give him an ounce. 

Also pro football isn't some constant that plays out identical every week. You have peaks, valleys, and holy ******* **** what the hell was that games too. Especially on a team built this way being so young with a handful of injuries.

Lastly, I'm here every week discussing what went on. I don't go hide when Love is not good. These clowns only post to push buttons when their narrative is in their favor. Disappear otherwise. If Love works out and becomes Pro Bowl level one day, they'll never acknowledge they were idiots about him early. They'll just have been patient or they were right anyways or whatever bs. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I will say one thing I kinda like about Love is he isn't a deer in headlights out there.  He is screwing up but show me a first year starting QB who doesn't?  There are a handful but they are few and far between.  I'm going to withhold judgement on Love until December.  If he isn't showing improvement by then then it might be time to consider moving on.

Agreed. He doesn’t look completely shook unlike some other young QBs we’ve seen over the years. That’s encouraging. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

A learning curve with a promising (~60 completion percentage) and promising (7.0-7.4) YPA with low INT totals.

He’s below 56%, at 6.7 YPA and just threw three bad picks against a defense that forced one turnover in the previous 4 games.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I sure hoped it was going to be at least solid.  I would say that Love has been fairly solid until the past two games, where he's regressed a bit.  He's not getting much help though from LaFleur or his receivers, but he needs hit on easy throws more than he's done.   His completion percentage is horrible.

17 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love will get this entire season for sure, and probably next year as well before they decide on his long-term future.  The hope is that these young guys all start growing together at some point.  Take best Oline or Dline.

This would be smart thinking, he's made some nice throws at times. His WR's have done some great things and some turd things. Our TE's well first year and second year should be fun to watch. Oline dam from game one to game 5 it's like night and day the change. Everyone has regressed terribly. But add in young TE group and MLF not adjusting and or teaching. 

I'm not sold on MLF i was with AR as he coudl be a calming influence and a new set of eyes for him to challenge him and Love did that just as much. But MLF may not be the guy to take a raw set of weapons and turn them into something like MM did and could. Time will tell. But MM had a 6-10 year in his first year with AR as the starter.