GDT! Raiders v Patriots. The one that was supposed to be interesting

NickButera

The Pats went toe to toe with the Eagles and Dolphins. Then got stomped against 2 top 5 EPA defenses in Dallas an NO. 

The Raiders defense is improving, but the are not Dallas or NO. And you have to assume Bill is going to have them ready after 2 bad losses. 

Raiders will need to be ready for this one, because I'm sure the Patriots will be is my guess. 

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Whoever breaks the mold and tops 18 points wins. 

Personally, I'd like to see a tie just for the lulz

Maybe the jimmy effect is the defense realizes he is so trash they step up and play out of their minds like sf defense. Just to keep the other team under 18

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Packers2021 said:

You guys win and your in good shape. I believe you have a easy schedule for the next few weeks. 

Nah, we're in bad shape and getting worse. 

People made a big hoopla over Rich Bissacia taking us to the playoffs being a fluke- and maybe it was- but we were a talent-poor functional team. 

If the Raiders win more than 6 games this year, it's clearly a fluke as we're a talent-rich dysfunctional mess on offense with bad decision making on the sideline. 

There's just zero evidence that we're a team "on the rise" regardless of how many wins we luck into. We should absolutely be 1-4 right now and the wheels should be coming off. 

Say we do win 6, 7, even 8 or 9 games this year- then what? Our best players are, largely, on short term deals we can't afford to get into bidding wars over because our drafting is a mess, the coaching decisions are painfully subpar, and our front office gets embarrassed left and right with their inability to come out on top with almost any pick, trade, or signing. 

My biggest concern is that we dumb ourselves into 8 or 9 wins and guys buy into the hype of it, only to become even more malcontent when reality comes around and we're back to a 4-5 win team next season. That's when guys force trades, refuse to sign extensions, and everything goes Cleveland. Winning cures all, but that's when it's consistent and there's something to play for- we lack that consistency in ways a handful of wins against tanking and bottom barrel teams isn't going to fix. 

We have an open wound. Some wins here or there will be some neosporin and a bandaid, yes, but not a stitch job and antibiotics. The only thing that some wins will do at this point is make Mark Davis hesitant to tear it all down and push us down the draft board. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, we're in bad shape and getting worse. 

People made a big hoopla over Rich Bissacia taking us to the playoffs being a fluke- and maybe it was- but we were a talent-poor functional team. 

If the Raiders win more than 6 games this year, it's clearly a fluke as we're a talent-rich dysfunctional mess on offense with bad decision making on the sideline. 

There's just zero evidence that we're a team "on the rise" regardless of how many wins we luck into. We should absolutely be 1-4 right now and the wheels should be coming off. 

Say we do win 6, 7, even 8 or 9 games this year- then what? Our best players are, largely, on short term deals we can't afford to get into bidding wars over because our drafting is a mess, the coaching decisions are painfully subpar, and our front office gets embarrassed left and right with their inability to come out on top with almost any pick, trade, or signing. 

My biggest concern is that we dumb ourselves into 8 or 9 wins and guys buy into the hype of it, only to become even more malcontent when reality comes around and we're back to a 4-5 win team next season. That's when guys force trades, refuse to sign extensions, and everything goes Cleveland. Winning cures all, but that's when it's consistent and there's something to play for- we lack that consistency in ways a handful of wins against tanking and bottom barrel teams isn't going to fix. 

We have an open wound. Some wins here or there will be some neosporin and a bandaid, yes, but not a stitch job and antibiotics. The only thing that some wins will do at this point is make Mark Davis hesitant to tear it all down and push us down the draft board. 

I have more faith in you guys then my own team.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Pats went toe to toe with the Eagles and Dolphins. Then got stomped against 2 top 5 EPA defenses in Dallas an NO. 

The Raiders defense is improving, but the are not Dallas or NO. And you have to assume Bill is going to have them ready after 2 bad losses. 

Raiders will need to be ready for this one, because I'm sure the Patriots will be is my guess. 

New England going to crowd the line and make Jimmy G beat them with long balls

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Someday we will get our QBotF and it will be great. 

Could take anywhere between 1 and 50 years.

I just want a nice run in my lifetime like KC and Buffalo fans are experiencing after years of mediocrity. Make the playoffs, compete and hope to win a Super Bowl.

• Like 4