The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: we're picking 16th edition

Totty

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He just has that Brady / Draymond type of impact, it's not flashy, but when he plays the team somehow finds a way to rally and get dubs. Dude is just a goat at winning games.

Tbh bro, I think a more apt comparison is Tim Tebow, though not as drastic. Dude handicapped his offense but somehow managed to be on the winning end of games.

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

Tbh bro, I think a more apt comparison is Tim Tebow, though not as drastic. Dude handicapped his offense but somehow managed to be on the winning end of games.

Jimmy G has had 3,800+ yard / 20+ TD seasons for great offenses, he's nothing like Tebow.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

There's a reason he has the 7th highest win % in NFL history, dude pre-game speeches are probably f***ing epic.

Probably something like “Look, I have to leave early so I’m going to fake a back injury. It’s really just from F’n a bunch of baddies last night. So anyway, let’s win this one.”

Lol.

Just now, Jerry said:

Probably something like “Look, I have to leave early so I’m going to fake a back injury. It’s really just from F’n a bunch of baddies last night. So anyway, let’s win this one.”

Lol.

He knew he had to fake an injury to piss off the locker room and get them riled up to go out there and get the dub, Jimmy is playing 4D chess.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It has to be AOC going forward now, right?

Surely everyone in the building has seen enough of Garoppolo at this point. And for all Hoyer came in today and did better than Jimmy, there’s really no point in starting him in games.

Let’s see the rookie for a bunch of games and find out what we’ve really got.

yeah well the hc is trying to save his job so i wouldnt be surprised if he takes the experience over the rookie.

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

First game I've missed in a decade. My nephew had a birthday party and usually I'd stream it but meh.

Jimmy went to the hospital? Was it bad?

Yeh, it's bad sadly.................Jimmy chipped a nail in the 2nd quarter............his season is in doubt :(

• Like 6

The Good

We got the win, no apologies for that, it's the NFL and every team is tough to beat.

Brian Hoyer, far from a great performance but he came in in tough circumstances and pretty much set his stall out with a long ball and being unafraid to sling it. Respct from me after mocking him in pre season. His arm still looked kinda lively at times and crucially, he didn't gift a turnover. Did just enough to win. Kudos. 

Michael Mayer, the kid just needs time and a few targets. He's going to be a very good player. Blcoking is already slid and he's finding his feet now he has had some targets.

2 DT sacks, at long last some type of production from the front. Decent in the run game too. 

Defence as a whole played well. Limited an anaemic offence and did what had to be done. Caveat being Mac Jones is horrible but at least they didn't make him look good as we've done in the past.

Pass protection wasn't perfect but it was good enough after a rough week last week.

Jacobs again making the most of what he's given.

Crosby came up big when it counted again........made up for a poor roughing penalty that was totally justified. 

Amik again just seems to scrap and fight and make plays. He gives up plays too but he's always in there giving his all.

The team is still playing hard and fighting and scrapping. Winning ugly is preferable to losing pretty, I don't care about draft slots.

The Bad

Coaching, I hesitate to put this in here as I loved some calls like the Hoyer long ball and getting Mayer more involved but again some very dubious calls particularly on offence when the lights are bright. Easy to site here and say it I know, but running straight up the gut on 3rd down against a very solid front in the 4th? I'd have run on 1st, playaction on 2nd. I felt it was absolutely ripe for a playaction or bootleg or something. I guess if that would have failed though, we'd all be saying 'McDaniels overthinking again rather than just running Jacobs' so I don't know :)  I just feel like we get cute at the wrong times and when we need something we go uber conservative maybe.......

Mac Jones and Garoppolo, my goodness that were not very good. I was hoping Garoppolo would play himsefl out of his fun and he did have a few nice balls, the one to Mayer on the left sideline had some zip on it but every game I fear he's going to get Adams killed. 

Lack of Renfrow. Even if we are shopping him then at least put him in the shop window not in the basement! Give him a chance to play and up his value unless you want to devalue him then trade him for nothing................makes no sense!

Wilson still very anonymous. I've still only seen one counter move in 6 games too and he's not shedding blockers, at least Koonce is getting a few snaps though.

The Ugly

Quality of the game.

I said jokingly in the game day thread that when Brian Hoyer is an upgrade at QB, your team has issues but sadly I honestly think he may be a better option right now for the offence as at least it opens up a little.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's a reason he has the 7th highest win % in NFL history, dude pre-game speeches are probably f***ing epic.

Jimmy doesn’t seem like a speech kind of guy. I think he’s well-liked because he’s a fun guy to talk to, and always says positive things about everyone all the time. You know how friends will talk about a friend behind their back, I’m confident Jimmy doesn’t do that. Not even jokingly. 

• Like 1