The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: we're picking 16th edition

Totty

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Calling it like it is? Ain’t nobody searching for a haha moment.
There’s literally posters in here that literally just trash talk the team.

Other actively want us to lose and mad at wins for draft position. 
We haven’t seen Frankie since after before the Packers win

The team is .500 and has real opportunity to turning things around. Is that what people want? 

I call it like it is. That’s what I’ve been doing with Carr and Jimmy G. It’s not personal it’s business. 

Carr is limited in different ways that Jimmy G both it obvious they ain’t it. After 9 years it was apparent gotta move on. Can’t sit on an average QB that long. Jimmy isn’t healthy prone and getting our WRs destroyed. I’m not afraid to be wrong. I gave Jims shot and he stank 🍻💨

We won't see Frankie until the Raiders go on a losing streak or the Saints go on a winning streak.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The team is .500 and has real opportunity to turning things around. Is that what people want? 

I call it like it is. That’s what I’ve been doing with Carr and Jimmy G. It’s not personal it’s business. 

Carr is limited in different ways that Jimmy G both it obvious they ain’t it. After 9 years it was apparent gotta move on. Can’t sit on an average QB that long. Jimmy isn’t healthy prone and getting our WRs destroyed. I’m not afraid to be wrong. I gave Jims shot and he stank 🍻💨

Ummm....

Yeah when Josh’s pet project gets Adams and Meyers I'D by week 9, there won't be a turn around, there will just be a 6-7 win season and guys are going to sign elsewhere/demand trades. 

Is the concept of cause and affect totally lost on people?

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s only one poster trash talking the team constantly, we all know who it is. It ain’t ronjon, his problem was with the hiring of this staff, so is mine. And it will continue until mcdummy proves us wrong. And yes, your post WAS a flippin barb thrown at another poster,  I call it like it is too. Lol👍🍻

• Like 1

I don’t even have the will to argue anymore, not sure how you guys keep at it. Whether we finish 6-11 or 9-8, it doesn’t matter much unless we start looking like a real team. That’s why I still lean towards 6-11. 

Even if we somehow get to 9-8, what does that even mean for the future?  Gonna be a lot of turnover, lots of holes, and a huge ? at QB. At least it’s interesting. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Why wouldn't he? The issue is not the offense, it's the QB. Stroud is refined.  A dream in the pocket, throws with accuracy and anticipation at all levels of the field. Can create when needed. 

With guys like Adams and Meyers, his skillset would sync up perfectly. I'm sure that was apparent to the staff when they tried to trade for him.

Maybe because neither Carr, neither Jimmy G looked like their Best versions under JMD?

I don't know, but so far JMD's coaching is not making me a believer...

Andy Reid made basically every QB looked better then before...same with Kyle Shannahan...

Then again a legit franchise QB makes the OC's job a lot easier for sure...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Maybe because neither Carr, neither Jimmy G looked like their Best versions under JMD?

I don't know, but so far JMD's coaching is not making me a believer...

Andy Reid made basically every QB looked better then before...same with Kyle Shannahan...

Then again a legit franchise QB makes the OC's job a lot easier for sure...

It's troublesome to a degree.

Andy Reid coached Alex Smith into a very competent starter after being a big bust in San Francisco, he also helped develop Donovan McNabb and of course Mahomes who was raw when he took him under his wing. He also helped Kevin Kolb look respectable too if I recall so all those QBs looked better with Reid than without whilst Garoppolo and Carr certainly have looked better outside of McDaniels, though obviously Mac Jones only spell of competent play came under McDaniels.

I think the difference may be that Reid tries to do things that accentuate the QBs strengths - the Chiefs offence under Alex Smith is vastly different to them under Mahomes, McNabb was different again whereas McDaniels seems to have a 'system' that he wants his QBs to fit into and maybe if they can fit into it they look good but if they are not a good fit they maybe struggle. The trouble I have is by the majority of accounts Garoppolo was supposed to fit like a glove......... yet is clearly having his worst year and looks a fish out of water. 

• Like 3