SNF: Giants visit NY to take on the Bills

Trentwannabe

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Having a good RB doesn't matter with that OL. You're not getting push when the D knows it's coming when you're taking a G off of retirement and playing him at LT. We already saw what happened when they ran it from the 1.

Was more so a rant on teams doing this in general way to often with below avg QB's or a weak passing game.  Noted on the lack of Giants O-line as i don't know their team that well.  But i still think i take my chances from the 1 with Barkley more often than not.  Might not get it everytime but i feel it's still a better chance than trusting in a below av to mediocre QB and going against a Bills pass rush thats #1 in sacks lol

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Refs bailed out the NFL darling again, there was a hold on that final play. But need to push the Bills into the playoffs. Too much money behind Josh Allen to not do so.

I've watched he Steelers play enough times to know a conspiracy like this might actually exist

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Rookie Colt McCoy before the second shoulder was fine, and Matt Moore was a good spot starter in his day, they went 6-6 with him and almost made the playoffs, if the offense was better they probably did that year.

Colt was always a complete noodle arm stopgap.  Moore was exactly that.  A spot starter at best.

I think you can pretty easily flip the script on what you're saying, to suggest Daboll probably got more out of those guys than most OCs would've.  Just like he briefly did to get Danny Dimes paid.

It's not like he'd be my top choice of OC or anything.  Depends on what sort of quarterback you're working with too.  But you can do a lot worse.  It just seems to me like he's in way over his head as a HC.  Gonna have to go back and rehabilitate his reputation as a coordinator somewhere.  And probably do just fine for himself in that sort of gig.  Doubtful he ever gets another HC offer after this, and that's just fine.

The Bills played so badly I was almost tempted to bet the Giants winning at +300 when they was up 6-0 at halftime. What stopped me is just understanding the Giants are going to do Giants type things and find a way to lose more than the Bills finding a way to win and that’s exactly what happened.

The fact that the Bills struggled and lost to the Jets and struggled but somehow won against the Giants says a lot of bad things about this team. Now I know their defense is a mess with injuries. Allen and that offense need to do even more understanding the defense isn’t going to be the same. Getting shutout in the 1st half and only scoring 14pts in the entire game isn’t inspiring. I thought they would come out and put 30+ on the Giants after the way they looked for most of that London game against the Jags. You can’t sleep walk for most of the game then start to get things going late and expect to win most games. Especially can’t do that and expect to make a deep postseason run.

As for the Giants they played as well as they could play with Tyrod. I think they were fired up with him as the QB. Have to think they know what to expect from Jones so they might not play with that extra something. Plus Barkley was back so that helped. I want to see how they look with Tyrod some more. They could be a tough out in the short term.

Honestly yes Johnsons was DPI... but at same time Giants tripped 2 of our recievers in first half and nothing was called. Then they grabbed Diggs on a route and nothing was called. They missed multiple DPI all night. 

And im not even sure Bernards was interference on play previously. Waller was the one contacting and pushing him.

I can't tell if the bills are just not as good as we thought or if they are kinda of getting caught up in their own headlines and sleep walking. 

It seems like right now they are playing to the level of their opponents. If they play bad teams they don't seem to put in the work and end up in close games but when they play a team like Miami and come in prepared they blow doors. 

If it's that, then McDermott really needs to do something to wake them up because they can ill afford to lose the division and have to go on the road throughout the playoffs. Buffalo in the winter is a huge advantage for their style of play.

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

I can't tell if the bills are just not as good as we thought or if they are kinda of getting caught up in their own headlines and sleep walking. 

I think it’s a bit of Both of this. They’ve beat up on two bad teams in Vegas and Washington so they didn’t play down then but it looks like they’ve left it all out on the field against Miami. At least offensively.

Jags game should have been a write off. They played poorly on offense but defense held on as long as possible. At the end of the day the Jags were the better team and made plays when it mattered most.

Last night is the biggest concern because it really should have been a cake walk. No excuse for the Bills offense to be that sluggish. Diggs should be the focal point but Allen has to use other guys to get the offense into rhythm. I have seen a handful of clips this morning of guys being open but Allen not looking their way. Someone needs to establish themselves as the clear #2 target in the offense.

If the woes continue against New England this weekend then the alarm bells need to ring loud. I’d rather the Bills be playing their best ball come December and January (like in 2021 when they finished 11-6 with some sloppy play on offense but looked great in the playoffs) but they should be able to beat NE comfortably.