Week #7 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

Because the Rams who had all of 17 points today would have definitely gone down the field and scored right there.

No one said that, but they earned the opportunity to do so and the refs took it away from them.

They didn't play well enough to win so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but neither did the Steelers. The real issue here isn't even who got the W in my eyes. It's the continual butchering of games that referees continue to do. They are affecting too many outcomes by making incorrect calls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

No they wouldn’t have they were collapsing, that’s why he shoulda done it lmao.

Saying the Rams wouldnt is underestimating the active comeback king in Stafford. He lives for moments like that. Did you not see what happen against the Colts? Rams were collapsing in the 2nd half too. Colts came all the way back to tie. Rams had the ball didnt get anything had to punt. I thought the game was over bc the Colts got the ball back and all they needed was a FG to win. The Rams defense forced a stop that sent it into OT. Rams got the ball first and Stafford on a bad hip barely could move throws the game winning TD to Puka. 

So again saying just bc the Rams offense was struggling that they wouldnt have done anything if they got the ball back is not showing the proper respect to Stafford who is used to those late game winning drives when his team has to have it. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Saying the Rams wouldnt is underestimating the active comeback king in Stafford. He lives for moments like that. Did you not see what happen against the Colts? Rams were collapsing in the 2nd half too. Colts came all the way back to tie. Rams had the ball didnt get anything had to punt. I thought the game was over bc the Colts got the ball back and all they needed was a FG to win. The Rams defense forced a stop that sent it into OT. Rams got the ball first and Stafford on a bad hip barely could move throws the game winning TD to Puka. 

So again saying just bc the Rams offense was struggling that they wouldnt have done anything if they got the ball back is not showing the proper respect to Stafford who is used to those late game winning drives when his team has to have it. 

They had a drive in the 4th down late and didn’t do anything. Our defense was feasting.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

No one said that, but they earned the opportunity to do so and the refs took it away from them.

They didn't play well enough to win so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but neither did the Steelers. The real issue here isn't even who got the W in my eyes. It's the continual butchering of games that referees continue to do. They are affecting too many outcomes by making incorrect calls. 

Anyone who watched this game should come away saying the Rams had this game in control its just they didnt put the foot on throat. When it was 17-10 and the Rams had the ball all they needed was points and it felt like it was over. Maher missed that FG and it gave the Steelers life. I believe had Maher made that FG to go up 20-10 that wouldve been game bc of how bad the Steelers offense was up to that point. 

In short momentum is a huge thing. Hope is very powerful and the Rams didnt ****** that hope away they kept it alive for the Steelers and it cost them. Which again was my biggest fear that the kicker would cost the Rams a game or multiple games and Maher did.