The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Sweat goes for a 2nd, and a report that Hunter is not going anywhere "most likely"

https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1719381169177805290?s=20

As long as there's still the potential for a long-term deal, it wouldn't make sense to trade Danielle.

And of course, the Bears are gonna Bear by trading a 2nd rd pick for a guy that could just walk away at the end of the season...

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If those are the returns that Sweat and Williams got I think it is reasonable to expect a 1st+ if we're looking to move Hunter (which I'm not advocating for).

I’d like to keep Hunter but to get a first for him is certainly tempting given the uncertainty going forward. Won’t be easy to replace him but having an extra first to be aggressive in getting a franchise QB in next years draft would make it worth it. 

• Like 1

Which is sort of what I indicated a few weeks ago (before the winning streak and before Kirk's injury) ...unless it's at minimum a 2nd rd pick, I'm not listening.  Despite how effective he's been, I'd still not really have a problem moving him...for the right price.  He just turned 29 2 days ago.  I don't personally view him as a long-term piece that's required to keep.  If this team were primed to make a SB run in the next year or 2, sure, keep him.  But, especially now with the injury to Kirk, I'm back to being flexible on what to do with him.  Keep him, let him go, trade him (for at least a 2nd)...I'm really fine with any decision.

Edited by swede700

24 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Seeing some unconfirmed rumors in the twitterverse that the Vikings are working hard on an extension for Hunter right now. I think he'll test the market, but I really really want this to be true. He makes the entire defense go.

That was my suggestion, work hard on an extension....but if he refuses to sign, deal him (for a first or second plus).

• Like 1

Thank goodness they got rid of Ezra Cleveland, Risner is far better than he is and long term Cleveland did not have much going for him.  Former potential LT, never turned out, honestly I wonder if he will try tackle again because at guard he struggles and cannot use his athletic ability much.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Really hoping we don't move Hunter. I'm guessing it's unlikely anyways

Agreed, especially with how great he has been this year under Flores.  Maybe if they continue to have defensive success he will want to stick around even at a lower contract number.  But if not would be fun to at least finish the year with him, he does lead the NFL in total sacks currently.

And who would not want to play for Brian Flores on defense, the guys is a freaking dude! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Looking at Kwesi stock-piling 6th rounders! 😅😅   The move for Cleveland is a good one.   Risner's in.   Cleveland had been playing better this year, but the difference with Risner is notable.  

Better than 7th rounders, amirite?

• Like 2

Like the Dobbs trade. It keeps the Vikings flexible for 2024. Also, Dobbs can be reliable to run the offense and not put the team in horrible situations.  Seeing how Kwesi likes to buy low on high-potential players the adding of 6th makes sense. 

Edited by dc_vikingfan
  • Like 1