The MVP race

Steelersfan43

33 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Do you mean 98 Cunningham? 

98 Cunningham was efficient, he put up good TD numbers and low picks and stayed in the pocket. 

88 Cunningham had a ton of usage, but low TD numbers, high turnovers. Still had a good amount of YPG, especially via rushing, enough to be in the MVP discussion. 

11 minutes ago, Soggust said:

98 Cunningham was efficient, he put up good TD numbers and low picks and stayed in the pocket. 

88 Cunningham had a ton of usage, but low TD numbers, high turnovers. Still had a good amount of YPG, especially via rushing, enough to be in the MVP discussion. 

OK I guess I didn't find it apt because the 88 Eagles weren't close to having the best record in the league.

On 12/22/2023 at 3:23 PM, Forge said:

So Emmanuel Acho is an MVP voter and has basically said he can't consider Purdy for MVP and Nora Princiotti is an MVP voter and on her podcast discussing the MVP, did not have Purdy in the top 3. Nora had CMC on her ballot over Purdy. 

I mentioned it in the 49er forum, but really feels like Purdy is the breaking point for a lot of people with regards "great stats on a great team". 

CBS went from from having Dak 1 and Purdy 2 and Lamar #5 (lol) before last week to having Jackson #1, Purdy 2, which feels they are screaming "We can't vote for purdy" haha. 

As much as I think that Purdy has every right to be in the conversation for MVP, I continue to believe that he doesn't have a real shot at the award despite being the betting favorite. 

Then they should have their voting privileges taken away. This is the same stupid crap we went through for a decade where people just flat-out refused to put Brady ahead of Manning because it was inconceivable that a 6th round draft choice could be better than Peyton. We're back at it again where Purdy's draft position is influencing what people think about him. If he's Brock Purdy the 5th pick in the draft this conversation about whether or not he's MVP worthy never happens. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

OK I guess I didn't find it apt because the 88 Eagles weren't close to having the best record in the league.

Yeah, that's a fair criticism.

Of course no comparison is perfect, but they did still finish first in the east in 1988 and were a top 5 offense despite the QB leading the team in rushing, a TE leading the team in receiving and a young potential #1 WR who hadn't produced the elite numbers yet.

Ironically, Randall finished 2nd that year to a guy on the #1 offense and #1 record in the league (who had basically 2 1000 yard rushers and a 1200/9 WR) because he was throwing a ridiculous 9+ y/a lol. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Then they should have their voting privileges taken away. This is the same stupid crap we went through for a decade where people just flat-out refused to put Brady ahead of Manning because it was inconceivable that a 6th round draft choice could be better than Peyton. We're back at it again where Purdy's draft position is influencing what people think about him. If he's Brock Purdy the 5th pick in the draft this conversation about whether or not he's MVP worthy never happens. 

What year was there an argument that Brady should have been MVP over Manning?

• Like 2

Tua ascending.
Took out Dak, and Lamar took out Brock.
Lamar is probably the favorite, but if it gets split enough with CMC, Lamar, Dak, Josh and some Brock... I think Tua (given he beats Lamar next week, and Josh last week of reg season) is MVP.

Edited by Trojan