Week #8 General ๐Ÿˆ Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Baker was terrible last night. Iโ€™m trying to figure out what Twitter was seeing that I wasnโ€™t. That Mike evans touchdown was a horrible ball lol

Baker hasn't been great this whole year. He had good stats and people were puffing him up for that more than anything else.

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Because it is wrong.

I thought this at first too ET but are you of the opinion nothing Houston Oilers should ever be worn again?

Like it or not, the Texans have nothing to do with the Oilers. That team , that 36 year history of a Franchise moved to Tennessee.ย 

While I do feel it's odd, they could of went old school McNair type Uniforms instead. I can understand why Amy Grant wanted to pay homage to her father Bud and his legacy with the Oilers. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Because it is wrong.

I thought this at first too ET but are you of the opinion nothing Houston Oilers should ever be worn again?

Yup.

Like it or not, the Texans have nothing to do with the Oilers. That team , that 36 year history of a Franchise moved to Tennessee.ย 

Yet that throwback wasn't worn in Tennessee (or worn during that transition season, year 1 in Tennessee). I don't think the Texans should wear it either, for the record (but all signs are pointing to the next Texans uniform looking awfully similar).

It's sort of like how the St Louis Rams went with Gold/Metallic Blue hue, then reverted back to the traditional Yellow/Blue look upon returning to Los Angeles:

LA Rams:

CMnluc.gif

St. Louis Rams:

B106124F-7E7B-447B-AD77-BCD525B90B2B.gif

LA Rams v 2:

cooper-kupp.gif

Yes, they're similar - but there's a distinct difference between the two. Maybe St Louis did wear the "original" color scheme for a bit, but we associate much of that history with that 2nd color scheme - as we do with the "thumbtack" Titans blue on blue. I doubt we'll ever see the current Rams in that St Louis scheme (but maybe we will, I don't know). That wouldn't feel right to me either, to be honest.

At the end of the day - it's about making money and the Columbia Blue is a big time throwback seller. Amy Strunk is going to make a lot of money off of Derrick Henry Columbia Blues - but it feels a bit disingenuous. Likewise, if the Texans released a CJ Stroud or JJ Watt Columbia Blue, it wouldn't feel right either.

Luv Ya Blue died when the Oilers left Houston. The Astrodome is falling apart, and the legends of those teams (Moon, Campbell, etc) are replaced by Tennessee legends (McNair, George, etc).

It is what it, but I don't like the feel of it.ย 

While I do feel it's odd, they could of went old school McNair type Uniforms instead. I can understand why Amy Grant wanted to pay homage to her father Bud and his legacy with the Oilers. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Amy Grant lol...

BTW, has Tennessee ever even been a hotspot for the oil industry??? Just like when the Nationals wore the Expos uniforms...it was weird. Just more awkward, because now there is a team in Houston. I can understand the sentiment towards pops, but at the same it's also a reminder that Adams "took his ball and went home" when he left town, and made sure all of the history/iconography of the Oilers went to Tennessee, even though he had a new team name, and logo.ย 

That's the one thing Art Modell at least didn't do that was classy.ย 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Amy Grant lol...

BTW, has Tennessee ever even been a hotspot for the oil industry??? Just like when the Nationals wore the Expos uniforms...it was weird. Just more awkward, because now there is a team in Houston. I can understand the sentiment towards pops, but at the same it's also a reminder that Adams "took his ball and went home" when he left town, and made sure all of the history/iconography of the Oilers went to Tennessee, even though he had a new team name, and logo.ย 

That's the one thing Art Modell at least didn't do that was classy.ย 

At least the Expos makes sense. Expos (French for exhibitions)ย happen all the time in Washington.

22 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Pickens seems like a โ€œhopeโ€ WR. One you โ€œhopeโ€ doesnโ€™t disappear for 99% of the game and then make 1-2 highlight catches to give the fans โ€œhope.โ€

I expect Jax to feast on them.ย 

Idk man I'm taking the Steelers.ย 

They are last in pass D for a reason...

20 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The opponents have over 40 pass attempts per game vs Jaguars(the most in the NFL),the biggest reason why they are 31st in yards against the pass....

Jags are middle of the road completion percentage.ย  Only given up 10 passing TDs to 9 ints.ย 

We also have been without our best Interior DL(Hamilton) and he's coming back this week.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1