GDT: Giants (2-5) at Raiders (3-5): First to 10 points wins?

NYRaider

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Giants

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

At the very least, I want him kept on staff as AHC or DC. 

The players clearly like him. No need to rock the boat. We need that type of guy on the staff, regardless of who gets the HC gig. 

Yes but if history has shown us anything it is that a new coach will not want the interim coach from the year before that the team responded to in the locker with them.  I would have loved to have retained Pagano and Bisaccia.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

even non raider fans found mcdaniels annoying.  I am happy for the Raiders, maybe  they can go  on a nice win streak to really get the point across about Mcdaniels 

what were some of the main things he did that the players couldn't stand about him? 

There’s a laundry list. The worst being making a completely joyless atmosphere, being allergic to constructive criticism, and being unable to scheme around his players. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes but if history has shown us anything it is that a new coach will not want the interim coach from the year before that the team responded to in the locker with them.  I would have loved to have retained Pagano and Bisaccia.  

Depending on the hire, I'd make it a stipulation if we play anything like this the rest of the year. 

If a HC candidate balks, send him packing. We don't need thin skinned children here. 

Fwiw, I don't think a Jim Harbaugh would have an issue with it. A confident, competent HC wouldn't. In fact, I think Harbaugh or a 1st timer like Ben Johnson would possibly lean on it to win over the team and hit the ground running. 

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Giants aren't good, but we can't control that. We can control how well we look against them, and so far we look like a good team blowing out a bad one. 

Exactly this 100%, well said!

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2