HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Funny thing is, it appears to have gone down like:

- Mark Davis tells JM & DZ they have 3 years security
- JM & DZ act like their jobs will be totally safe no matter how bad things get and confess as much to reporters
- Raiders beat guys act like this made them untouchable for that full duration, and got annoyed at the number of people wanting them fired

Nobody in the NFL gets 3 full seasons irrespective of their performance in the role. Nobody. You can take over a 0-16 team with no assets whatsoever, and if you don't start to show some signs of a turnaround by your 3rd season then you're out in the street. And the Raiders job McDaniels took was not like that. It was a team coming off a playoff appearance, possibly slightly overrated but still featuring numerous quality assets to build with.

To assume that they were safe after a year and a half of no progress; performances which had put them under immense fan pressure, a locker room starting to leak negativities and an owner who was clearly losing his patience - it's just awful, shoddy journalism all round. Our beat guys suck.

Biggest thing was that the team was actually worse a year and a half after they took over. Drafting sucked, FA was filled with bad misses, it was just a disaster. 

I think the Jimmy signing and awful play really escalated this whole situation and time frame. Just cannot believe Josh made his bed with Jimmy. Should have drafted a young QB earlier and played him. You can by more time that way. Paying Jimmy was his downfall 

• Like 6

Just now, agarcia34 said:

I think the Jimmy signing and awful play really escalated this whole situation and time frame. Just cannot believe Josh made his bed with Jimmy. Should have drafted a young QB earlier and played him. You can by more time that way. Paying Jimmy was his downfall 

Right man, imagine going out starting Jimmy and Hoyer his final games 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Biggest thing was that the team was actually worse a year and a half after they took over. Drafting sucked, FA was filled with bad misses, it was just a disaster. 

While there wasn't any progress, you could probably even get to end of year 2 just staying average. This was so horrendous that they couldn't even survive the season. That's a really poor job. lol. Some bad coaches get 2 full years.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

To be fair they did engage with the Bears about trading up for Stroud but I doubt Mark was going to give them the okay to trade away multiple FRPs to get that deal done. We could've drafted BananaRama though

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mark: You guys have til the end of 2024 to get this rebuild done. 

Dumb and Dumber: Rebuild? This is a reload. We don't need a rebuild. We're gonna extend the important weapons and trust the process. It's our way. 

Mark: Bet. 

Dumb and Dumber then proceed ro necessitate a rebuild for 2024. 

Mark, finally: Get out. 

I don't think Mark Davis wanted a rebuild after making the playoffs. And, he knew what JMD and Ziegler's expectations were when he hired them. It just didn't work out. I do hope that Davis pursues a genuine rebuild this time, though.

Pleasantly surprised it happened in season. And did not see DZ getting fired in season as well. Throwing out the OC tells you how the players felt about him. 

The amount of clean up this will take is going to be something. Davis let this group reshape the FO and scouting department. 

Great day, but how far away is this team right now? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Pleasantly surprised it happened in season. And did not see DZ getting fired in season as well. Throwing out the OC tells you how the players felt about him. 

The amount of clean up this will take is going to be something. Davis let this group reshape the FO and scouting department. 

QB, HC, and penetrating DT from being in the playoffs. 

Unfortunately, those are probably the 3 hardest spots to fill.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Cant wait to hear the next coach want to “build a winning a culture” by “laying a foundation”. Just gotta “trust the process”. 

I never used to watch press conferences because it’s basically saying the same things over and over in different ways. Unfortunately they have to get up there and say something. Maybe we should get a guy who says they want bite someone’s knee caps. Might as well mix it up. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Shefty was talking about Wilson pick contributed

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

2 years would be my estimate. 

We're going into more of a soft rebuild than anything. Now that the morons are jobless, we have more options. 

We don't need to get rid of Adams or Renfrow or Miller and resigning Jacibs may not be off the table just yet. Meyers, Mayer, Tucker round out the core weaponry and even minus a guy or two from that list, we're not going to need to blow up the entire offense as there's plenty of talent that isn't strictly confined to the "way". If anything, Josh wasn't given time really f up personnel wise. Address QB and the OL, we're in decent shape. 

On D, we're a bit further away, but not years. Crosby is obviously our star. We could use a CB and some LBs and DTs. 

This past week, I would have given up a 2nd for Jaylon Johnson, a 3rd for Chase Young, amd whatever Jacksonville gave up for Ezra Cleveland (a 5th?). That leaves our 1st, 4th, 6th, and 7th in the draft to address QB, LB, and depth while gaining 3 guaranteed starters for 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rounders at positions of need. We didn't, and I understand why we didn't, but I think it illustrates that we really aren't that far off. Had Josh been able to have a fire sale, we'd be screwed. As it stands, a good draft, a mid FA signing or two, and a QB, and we're not a bad team. 

2024 Draft and FA will be big, but I think our core pieces are fine outside of QB. If we can get QB handled well enough, a 2md draft/FA/trade season should be enough to be competitive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

2 years would be my estimate. 

We're going into more of a soft rebuild than anything. Now that the morons are jobless, we have more options. 

We don't need to get rid of Adams or Renfrow or Miller and resigning Jacibs may not be off the table just yet. Meyers, Mayer, Tucker round out the core weaponry and even minus a guy or two from that list, we're not going to need to blow up the entire offense as there's plenty of talent that isn't strictly confined to the "way". If anything, Josh wasn't given time really f up personnel wise. Address QB and the OL, we're in decent shape. 

On D, we're a bit further away, but not years. Crosby is obviously our star. We could use a CB and some LBs and DTs. 

This past week, I would have given up a 2nd for Jaylon Johnson, a 3rd for Chase Young, amd whatever Jacksonville gave up for Ezra Cleveland (a 5th?). That leaves our 1st, 4th, 6th, and 7th in the draft to address QB, LB, and depth while gaining 3 guaranteed starters for 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rounders at positions of need. We didn't, and I understand why we didn't, but I think it illustrates that we really aren't that far off. Had Josh been able to have a fire sale, we'd be screwed. As it stands, a good draft, a mid FA signing or two, and a QB, and we're not a bad team. 

2024 Draft and FA will be big, but I think our core pieces are fine outside of QB. If we can get QB handled well enough, a 2md draft/FA/trade season should be enough to be competitive. 

2 years would largely fall on what happens at QB.

• Like 1