Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Unless Washington is planning on going somewhere besides QB at 2, I just don't know how they could walk away without hiring an offensive-minded HC.

I got just the guy for them. 

Familiarity with Adam Peters. Offensive head coach. 

Anthony Lynn, go get your job! 

• Like 2

I’m kinda surprised klint kubiak hasn’t gotten more buzz to be a HC. He seems like he’d be ideal for Washington. Shanny coaching tree. Mentored by his dad. Young bright offensive mind. But then again that’s probably why Washington isn’t hiring him. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m kinda surprised klint kubiak hasn’t gotten more buzz to be a HC. He seems like he’d be ideal for Washington. Shanny coaching tree. Mentored by his dad. Young bright offensive mind. But then again that’s probably why Washington isn’t hiring him. 

I'm curious about him.  Would be interested in him becoming OC and pairing him with a defensive-minded HC. 

But is he just living off his last name at this point?  His stint as an OC with the Vikings in 2021 and passing game coordinator & quarterbacks coach with the Broncos in 2022 didn't seem all that impressive to me.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm curious about him.  Would be interested in him becoming OC and pairing him with a defensive-minded HC. 

But is he just living off his last name at this point?  His stint as an OC with the Vikings in 2021 and passing game coordinator & quarterbacks coach with the Broncos in 2022 didn't seem all that impressive to me.

He actually was decent in DEN.   Not his fault they had no talent at QB.  Or OL.   

Because he doesn’t play call in SF I don’t think he can be blocked to interview.    OC seems like a fit.  

If the Commies veer to Vrabel I’d expect Tim Kelly to join him.    He did ok given the awful OL and QB / WR issues in TEN.    Using Tyjae Spears a lot  tells me he gets it re: talent evaluation.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He actually was decent in DEN.   Not his fault they had no talent at QB.  Or OL.   

Good to know.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If the Commies veer to Vrabel I’d expect Tim Kelly to join him.    He did ok given the awful OL and QB / WR issues in TEN.    Using Tyjae Spears a lot  tells me he gets it re: talent evaluation.    

I really doubt we go after Vrabel.  Apparently, he butted heads with Ran Carthon in Tennessee, who is buddies with Adam Peters from their time in SF.  I'm sure Peters has heard some interesting stories...

Plus Vrabel has always been an overhyped coach IMO.  Finished dead last in DVOA as DC of the Texans and was more of a "culture" HC whose act wore thin in his latter years in Tennessee.

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Good to know.

I really doubt we go after Vrabel.  Apparently, he butted heads with Ran Carthon in Tennessee, who is buddies with Adam Peters from their time in SF.  I'm sure Peters has heard some interesting stories...

Plus Vrabel has always been an overhyped coach IMO.  Finished dead last in DVOA as DC of the Texans and was more of a "culture" HC whose act wore thin in his latter years in Tennessee.

seems like he butted heads more so with the owner

Just now, DoleINGout said:

seems like he butted heads more so with the owner

Based off reports and reading the tea leaves, Ran and Vrabel were cool personally but their working relationship was “shaky” at best. Apparently Vrabel didn’t really want him, felt he wasn’t ready to be a GM and thought he should be assistant GM.

I don’t know if a personality like Vrabel would mesh with a first year, new GM (even though Peters is well regarded across the league).

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Based off reports and reading the tea leaves, Ran and Vrabel were cool personally but their working relationship was “shaky” at best. Apparently Vrabel didn’t really want him, felt he wasn’t ready to be a GM and thought he should be assistant GM.

I don’t know if a personality like Vrabel would mesh with a first year, new GM (even though Peters is well regarded across the league).

That's hilarious given Vrabel only coached for 7 years before being made a HC, and only 1 as a DC (4-12 Texan).

While Ran was a scout for a few years, then director of pro personnel for over a decade before getting a GM job.. but I wouldn't expect anything different from a dude like Vrabel

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

That's hilarious given Vrabel only coached for 7 years before being made a HC, and only 1 as a DC (4-12 Texan).

While Ran was a scout for a few years, then director of pro personnel for over a decade before getting a GM job.. but I wouldn't expect anything different from a dude like Vrabel

Major slap in the face of Ran and pretty much doom their working relationship from the jump(if that report is true).

Even though he’s not technically a Belichick disciple, there’s still a lot of “Patriots Way” in Vrabel. A very good coach but I think there’s a reason someone viewed so highly by national pundits wasn’t hired this coaching cycle.

• Like 2

Guessing Bill Belichek, Mike Vrabel, Aaron Glenn, Steve Wilks, Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik, Joe Brady & maybe Kellen Moore/Zac Robinson become top candidates for HC next year

Also guessing Dan Quinn gets the Commanders job this year 

Edited by 49ersfan

I don’t have a problem with WAS resetting and taking more time to find the HC now.   They’re the last spot.   

But, you better have a O guy in mind with the right system for the new QB coming in.   That’s what makes this such a kick in the pants.    Even if they hired Mike McDonald it was likely with an O guy in mind for McDonald.    I have no idea who Quinn has in mind for his O, for example.