Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

On 2/15/2024 at 1:14 PM, Xenos said:

Not the final list since we’re still missing positional roles like RB coach. But so far, it looks like all the defensive hires are primarily from college, specifically Michigan. And all the offensive hires are NFL retread guys.

not super inspired by this coaching staff outside of harbaugh himself primarily. only thing that offers hope

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

not super inspired by this coaching staff outside of harbaugh himself primarily. only thing that offers hope

Getting Minter as DC and retaining Ficken as ST coordinator is great IMO. The question marks are primarily offensive related. Not the biggest fan of Roman and feel like he’s better suited as TE/Run Game Coordinator than OC. But the reality is that we do need a much better running game to take pressure off of Herbert. And Jim does things differently when he runs his offense versus what John did with Roman in Baltimore. So we’ll see.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

If those reports are true (if), is there a worse possible scenario for them (aside from Howie retiring)? Jalen Hurts getting shook by the pressure, and the boisterous “you hate him when he’s on another team, but love him when he’s on your own” coach needing literal restraint in order to not get into it with his coaches and players? 

What a show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soko said:

If those reports are true (if), is there a worse possible scenario for them (aside from Howie retiring)? Jalen Hurts getting shook by the pressure, and the boisterous “you hate him when he’s on another team, but love him when he’s on your own” coach needing literal restraint in order to not get into it with his coaches and players? 

What a show.

I think the Cowboys got more grief for not firing McCarthy but they’re fine. The Eagles should have fired Siriani and didn’t get enough or as much grief as the Cowboys because they’ve won more, recently. But not firing Siriani was a huge mistake and with Belichick out there to coach for a year or so compounds the error twofold. Who knows, maybe Roseman comes to his senses and makes the move late. Better late than never.

On 2/18/2024 at 2:40 PM, Xenos said:

Getting Minter as DC and retaining Ficken as ST coordinator is great IMO. The question marks are primarily offensive related. Not the biggest fan of Roman and feel like he’s better suited as TE/Run Game Coordinator than OC. But the reality is that we do need a much better running game to take pressure off of Herbert. And Jim does things differently when he runs his offense versus what John did with Roman in Baltimore. So we’ll see.

Eh I never thought much of Ficken. He was with the Vikings for a long time as an assistant and then immediately was a one and done as our ST coach.

When with Spielman and Zimmer gone after 2021, if he was any good at his job, you'd think he'd stay.

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So Sirianni isn’t exactly known for his offensive prowess or being a defensive genius, and maybe had to have a chaperone to keep him emotionally stable. What exactly is his strengths at this point?

There are two reasons Sirianni is still the coach. He was less than a year removed from nearly winning the super bowl.  And second cutting ties with him so quickly and brazenly after not long ago doing the same thing with Doug Pederson would have been a real bad look for the organization 

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I think the Cowboys got more grief for not firing McCarthy but they’re fine. The Eagles should have fired Siriani and didn’t get enough or as much grief as the Cowboys because they’ve won more, recently. But not firing Siriani was a huge mistake and with Belichick out there to coach for a year or so compounds the error twofold. Who knows, maybe Roseman comes to his senses and makes the move late. Better late than never.

Yeah, Big Mike at least calls the plays for a top 5 offense. He has his faults, but Dak had arguably his best year with him running the offense. I get why Jerry didn't fire him. Siriani being retained is something I just didn't get because I don't know what he exactly does to help the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

There are two reasons Sirianni is still the coach. He was less than a year removed from nearly winning the super bowl.  And second cutting ties with him so quickly and brazenly after not long ago doing the same thing with Doug Pederson would have been a real bad look for the organization 

I think it’s the same mistake just in a different way as far as evaluating the coach and holding retaining them. I think it’s a blown opportunity not to replace Sirianni with Belichick or one of the other qualified options still out there. I hope for the Eagles sake they make the move before the season or midway through at the latest but that would be sloppy and you can’t expect it mid-season.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

So Sirianni isn’t exactly known for his offensive prowess or being a defensive genius, and maybe had to have a chaperone to keep him emotionally stable. What exactly is his strengths at this point?

He’s handsome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

This feels like keeping Bill O'Brien around because he kept winning the AFCS...

• Like 1