Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Wink Martindale's stats since 2018:

2023 NYG
Total Yards: 27th
Passing Yards: 19th
DVOA: 21st

2022 NYG
Total Yards: 25th
Passing Yards: 15th
DVOA: 30th

2021 Baltimore
Total Yards: 25th
Passing Yards: 32nd
DVOA: 28th

2020 Baltimore
Total Yards: 7th
Passing Yards: 6th
DVOA: 6th

2019 Baltimore
Total Yards: 4th
Passing Yards: 6th
DVOA: ?

2018 Baltimore
Total Yards: 1st
Passing Yards: 5th
DVOA: ?

So he had 3 excellent seasons in Baltimore and has been dog**** the past 3 seasons.  What reason do we have to believe he'll be as good as he used to be instead of how ****ty he's been recently?  Honest question, btw.

Giants FO is a dumpster fire. Seems when he's given talent, he produces a top 10 defense

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/demarcus-covington-reportedly-a-strong-favorite-to-become-patriots-defensive-coordinator/

I think Minter pretty obviously stays at Michigan or follows Harbaugh. Would be nice as a candidate though.

Why does everybody assume Minter follows Harbaugh? He's only bene there two years? He and Harbaugh had no relationship prior to him joining his staff two year ago. If Harbaugh leaves Moore is getting the HC gig! 

I'm saying the first NFL team that offers him he takes. The reality is, GB would be more attractive than any place Harbaugh goes because we are so young and already a playoff team. 

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Judon lead the team in sacks with 6

Then Judon went to NE and became a stud.  Different reasons, but BAL fans talking about the Wink years sound a lot like GB fans talking about Barry.  They were happy to see him go, and the turnaround on defense in BAL since Wink left has been dramatic.  Not interesting in Wink at all for Packers DC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why does everybody assume Minter follows Harbaugh? He's only bene there two years? He and Harbaugh had no relationship prior to him joining his staff two year ago. If Harbaugh leaves Moore is getting the HC gig! 

I'm saying the first NFL team that offers him he takes. The reality is, GB would be more attractive than any place Harbaugh goes because we are so young and already a playoff team. 

Two years and a national championship together carries more weight than you might think.  They know each other and have had success together.  Barring a HC offer from Michigan if Jim leaves, Minter following Harbaugh makes a lot of sense and is pretty much a no brainer.  

Yes, we’re young and a playoff team but does Minter know MLF at all?  Has he interviewed for any NFL team for a DC position?  He'll have opportunities but following Harbaugh is the reality here. 

I'm just a dumb fan and don't know anything.  But I'd kinda love to get a coordinator who calls blitz a bit more and crowds the line a lot more than Barry did.  Bowles and Tampa stressed our offense with that approach, got only 20 points.  Vikings jumped from DVOA 24 to 11 when they added a blitz-crazy DC.  As a spectator I think it's kinda fun to watch, and I think it might be energizing for a defense, even if risk comes with it.  May be that our personnel is ill-suited, though. 

Edited by craig

29 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Giants FO is a dumpster fire. Seems when he's given talent, he produces a top 10 defense

This isn’t the answer.

He’s been in the league too long.

It happens to all defensive coordinators.

35 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

That doesn’t account for his last season in Baltimore. By the looks of those numbers his defense has been figured out.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

Just now, ccecilnosebleed said:

That doesn’t account for his last two seasons in Baltimore. By the looks of those numbers his defense has been figured out.

His 2nd to last season in Baltimore they were 6th in DVOA?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This isn’t the answer.

He’s been in the league too long.

It happens to all defensive coordinators.

I want a young up and comer. Someone that these guys want to run through a wall for. Defense is 75% attitude, 25% scheme 

• Like 1