Week 11 GDT: Browns vs Steelers

MWil23

Who will win  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Scrabble’s stockpiling of postgame Alpha awards in cringey Beta fashion
    • Mike deciding to show up after a win
    • LetsgoBrownies with digging up negative receipts postgame and omitting his own predictions for reasonable negative outcomes
    • Mwils coming cognitive dissonance as he asks himself are we good or bad
    • Candyman’s amusement as the postgame thread carnage
    • The Browns
    • Pittsburgh and their negative point differential

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ward is back practicing.

DeWand missed yesterday, not looking good for this weekend. That’s a problem.

If Dewand can’t go we need to more or less build the whole game plan around giving Hudson help on p much every play. 

Letting Watt destroy him and the whole offensive game plan in general again is unacceptable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

AMAZING NEWS!!!

michael-scott-happy-cry.gif

This past weekend I had to finish the game on the radio taking my kids to evening church, and same with one other last second win (the colts).

Each time my instant reaction was “Man, I wish Jim was calling this game!”

Absolutely amazing and thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

michael-scott-happy-cry.gif

This past weekend I had to finish the game on the radio taking my kids to evening church, and same with one other last second win (the colts).

Each time my instant reaction was “Man, I wish Jim was calling this game!”

Absolutely amazing and thanks for sharing!

Personally this is about blocking and tackling wether we make the playoffs or not just give a good representation. 

)just have the offensive line due what they just did and bring the playoffs home .just watchWatt get blown out on the line of scrimmage and dictate tempo.

Make Pickett beat you with 7 possessions. 

Then take a 3down 2 yards to go midway thru the 3rd quarter and make a 7 minute drive that puts you up by 14.

If there ever was a game we need to run the ball, it’s this weekend. Screens and some quick hitters to get DTR in a groove. 

But the first play needs to be a PAP bomb to Cooper for 50 yards. He also needs to slide. Lots of his highlights from UCLA he takes a hit when he could slide or go out of bounds. This Steelers defense has hurt so many backup Browns QBs that I don’t want to see that happen this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDD said:

But the first play needs to be a PAP bomb to Cooper for 50 yards

I had the exact same thought with the exception of the exact part of it.

They are going to think we will be run heavy and a handoff to start the game could settle nerves. So, play action could be a good possibility. Cooper has the most reliable hands but he will be tailed. I think the best option is playaction and rollout and have Njoku leak out down the field and hit him with a bomb. Maybe Moore but he probably gets more attention and while both have suspect hands I think Njoku could be the less obvious of the two and could get open. I think it goes for a score but before the play DTR tells Njoku the most important thing is you catch the ball, not what happens after and with that fresh in Njoku's mind he may go to the ground while securing the ball and it does end up just being a 50 yard gain. That will help as the game progresses though because they will have to respect the deep ball.

I seriously had already thought that out, no foolin'. Pretty sure we will start the game with a run though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JDD said:

If there ever was a game we need to run the ball, it’s this weekend. Screens and some quick hitters to get DTR in a groove. 

But the first play needs to be a PAP bomb to Cooper for 50 yards. He also needs to slide. Lots of his highlights from UCLA he takes a hit when he could slide or go out of bounds. This Steelers defense has hurt so many backup Browns QBs that I don’t want to see that happen this week. 

Yep they will sell out on the run unless we make them worried about the pass 

• Like 1

@Thomas5737 it’s the best way to calm the nerves. DTR has a good arm so he can let it rip. I like the Njoku idea. I like a lot of Njoku running across the face of the defense in this game. 

I also want to see some RPO and we need to keep a route in the flat most of the game. 

Anyone ready for Harrison Bryant to throw a pass? 

Man this is the best week of football. Browns can beat the Steelers and Buckeyes can beat TCUN 

• Like 1