10 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Jim Mora
    • mike post-loss
    • the drive; the fumble
    • northcutt with the drop
    • not part of the script

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If we rest everyone next week and lose but Buffalo wins then who is the 5 seed?

I'm pretty sure we'll be the fifth seed no matter what but could be wrong.

Even if we were the sixth seed, KC doesn't seem like a bad matchup.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JDD said:

Winning your division should mean something.

Winning your division does mean something. It means that you get to be in the playoffs. That's how the NBA sees things (having realized the problems with division winner seeding priority twice now), and that's how the NFL should see things.

13 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Winning your division does mean something. It means that you get to be in the playoffs. That's how the NBA sees things (having realized the problems with division winner seeding priority twice now), and that's how the NFL should see things.

16 teams making the playoffs playing best of series is not single elimination. They also play 82 games or whatever so they play everyone. 

Maybe having a stipulation for if the division winner is 2 games below a wildcard team or something. But since everyone plays a different schedule it’s impossible to do it any other way than the current.

The reason I don’t like not giving a division winner homefield for one game is they outlasted the teams in their division. That might be everyone is 3-3 and then they play a division on the other side that all are above 9 wins. So in your world a team that plays 14 games of teams under .500 gets a homefield over the one that grinds out 9 tough wins??

Get rid of divisions then and just play 15 conference games. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm pretty sure we'll be the fifth seed no matter what but could be wrong.

Even if we were the sixth seed, KC doesn't seem like a bad matchup.

We are the 5th no matter what. Conference wins is the first tie breaker and we will have 1 less loss even losing to the bengals. Bills v. Fins is for division or 6th place for the Fins. Bills need a W or help. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JDD said:

16 teams making the playoffs playing best of series is not single elimination. They also play 82 games or whatever so they play everyone. 

Maybe having a stipulation for if the division winner is 2 games below a wildcard team or something. But since everyone plays a different schedule it’s impossible to do it any other way than the current.

The reason I don’t like not giving a division winner homefield for one game is they outlasted the teams in their division. That might be everyone is 3-3 and then they play a division on the other side that all are above 9 wins. So in your world a team that plays 14 games of teams under .500 gets a homefield over the one that grinds out 9 tough wins??

Get rid of divisions then and just play 15 conference games. 

Divisions make a lot of money for the NFL considering all the rivalries that come from them.

Besides, two interesting scenarios could come from my proposal.

1. The top two seeds come from the same division, and meet in thc conference title game, setting up the biggest game in the history of that division rivalry.

2. A division winner is so weak it is saddled with the 7 seed, yet they go on to win the Super Bowl without ever having a chance at a home playoff game. Wouldn't that make a great Cinderella story?

1 hour ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Honestly, I have a bad feeling if we have to play Houston again.

We didn't play Stroud last time, and it's really hard to beat a team twice in the NFL. I could easily see a scenario where we rest our starters in week 18, Houston beats Indy and the Jags choke against the Titans. Then we lose all our momentum and Houston beats us in front of the home crowd.

Houston is starting a rookie QB with Nico Collins as their best WR and a meh OL and meh defense. 

It doesn’t get much easier in the playoffs, everyone is good.

45 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

AFC South is a guarantee for us now in the 1st round.

If Jax wins, we play them.

If Jax loses, we play the winner of Houston and Indy.

My preference would be Jax, Indy, Houston in that order. 

• Like 4