Playoffs   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Jim Mora
    • mike post-loss
    • the drive; the fumble
    • northcutt with the drop
    • not part of the script

I’m assuming we will face the Jaguars because Tennessee looks dead.

If we do, we need to do a better job defending Evan Engram. That was his best game of the season. Everything else was perfect.

Edited by candyman93

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m assuming we will face the Jaguars because Tennessee looks dead.

If we do, we need to do a better job defending Evan Engram. That was his best game of the season. Everything else was perfect.

Im glad. I feel much better traveling to JAX for a road game than IND in their stadium. I also know Sark can actually have a gameplan against us than Peterson can like he did in the first game.

Im not worried about JAX out scheming us, I am a bit with Indy.

Yo @NateDawg

can we just change this to "Browns Playoff Thread" now? 

We in it

In terms of who I think we should sit now that Baltimore has locked up the 1 seed. 

Sunday I'm not dressing or very sparingly playing the following players

Joe Flacco

Jerome Ford

Amari Cooper

Elijah Moore

David Njock

Myles Garrett

Zadarius Smith 

JOK

Denzel

I'm not sure how many we can sit and still field a team or how that works exactly, but if we could sit all those names I would. 

I wish we could sit Bitonio and Teller, but that's probably not possible. 

Between the Thursday night game and knowing we've got a bye week this week basically the schedule didn't workout too bad at all. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@brownie man changed to Playoff Thread. Focused on Browns obviously but can include all playoff discussion. 

Outlook:

Ravens won AFCN and get bye week. 
Browns locked in as the 5-seed. 

***Week 18 gameplan rest anyone with even a minor laceration and keep the boys hungry for what’s ahead. 

Wildcard

Browns 11-5 (5)

Bills 10-6

Colts 9-7

In the hunt:

Texans 9-7

Steelers 9-7

Week 18 key matchups

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore (Saturday) — Steelers must win + other factors 
Houston @ Indy (Saturday) — loser likely eliminated 

Jax @ Tennessee — Jags win Division with win (winner of Houston/Indy wins AFCS with Jax loss)

Buf @ Miami (SNF) — AFCE winner + seeding implications 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

AFC Playoff Picture

DIVISION LEADERS

1. Ravens (13-3): Clinched the AFC No. 1 seed.

2. Dolphins (11-5): Clinched a playoff berth, will win the AFC East if they beat the Bills next week.

3. Chiefs (10-6): Clinched the AFC West, locked into the AFC No. 3 seed. 

4. Jaguars (9-7): Own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Colts and Texans in the AFC South.

WILD CARDS
5. Browns (11-5): Locked into the AFC No. 5 seed.

6. Bills (10-6): Will win the AFC East if they beat the Dolphins next week.

7. Colts (9-7): Big showdown coming with the Texans.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
8. Texans (9-7): Big showdown coming with the Colts.

9. Steelers (9-7): May benefit from playing a Ravens team that’s resting its starters in Week 18.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-playoff-picture-2023-updated-afc-and-nfc-standings-clinching-scenarios-for-week-18

Week 18 Clinching Scenarios

The Dolphins-Bills winner clinches the AFC East.

The Jaguars clinch the AFC South with a win.

The Colts-Texans winner clinches a playoff berth, and clinches the AFC South with a Jaguars loss.

The Steelers clinch a wild card with a win and either a Bills or Jaguars loss.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'm not sure how many we can sit and still field a team or how that works exactly, but if we could sit all those names I would. 

my understanding is you can elevate 2 practice squad players per week without having to add them to the active roster.  You also have your 53 man roster of which 46 are active.

There are going to be a few guys who are guaranteed to be inactive but on the 53 due to injury.  Hopkins, Obo, Walker and Bojo.  The kicker and punter will again likely be elevated from the PS, so that covers those options.

So essentially you’re left with 5 guys who can be inactive. IMO that should be;

Myles: injured and our most important piece defensively.

Ward: just due to talent/importance

Cooper: recent injury

Bitonio: injury

JOK: importance 

After that are guys who have to dress to field a team, but who should have a reduced/minimal workload.

Offense 

Flacco: he dresses but as the backup/emergency QB only.

Njoku: Akins takes his snaps, plays as little as possible if at all.

Pocic: Harris steps in, doesn’t play unless necessary 

Teller: Wypler steps in, doesn’t play unless necessary 

The tackles: it would be unusual but I’d rotate Leroy Watson (yes, that’s a real person) between the two tackle spots every other drive.  Everyone plays, but the work load is reduced for the starters.

RB: everyone plays but Strong gets the bulk of the touches.  Let’s see what he’s got.  Reduced workload for Ford and Hunt.

WR.  Tillman, Bell, Proche, and Goodwin rotate and get a shot at showing something, albeit a limited one because I’d really just try to run the ball and shorten the game.

Defense.

Tomlinson: his role should flip with Ika’s.  Unfortunately we just don’t have the bodies along the DL to really sit anyone else besides Myles.

Za’Darius: Should become our 3rd DE with Myles out. McGuire should play as many snaps as he can, rotate Z and Wright opposite of that.

LB: I’m hoping for a lot of Diabate, Fields, Adams and Kunaszyk with Takitaki playing as few snaps as possible.

Corner: I’m giving Hailasse, Ford and Mitchel as many snaps as they can handle and letting Emerson and Newsome chill as much as possible.

S: I’m starting Bell and Harmon and rotating in Hickman as needed.  Hickman may be a rookie UFA, but he’s a starter now and he’s been good.  He and Juan get a reduced workload.

If Bojo can play they’re probably going to elevate another WR (Watkins) just because that room is so thin.  Personally I’d elevate Kamara and let him take snaps at both DE and DT and be able to get more rest for guys like Z, Wright, Tomlinson, Harris and Elliot.  I personally don’t care if guys like Bell and Proche play every damned snap at WR, they haven’t played much all year and are absolutely replaceable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

F it

I’ll go homer

We beat the Jags, then the Ravens, but lose at Buffalo in the AFC Championship.

I don’t think anything is homer at this point necessarily. I’m not putting anything past this team at this point, they have stones. I’m not necessarily saying that we would be favored against a team like Baltimore but I also don’t think anything should surprise people either. I’m all in.

• Like 2

This team has beaten the consensus best teams already.  We can compete with anyone.

And let’s be honest, we’re playing with house money.  There’s no pressure.  That pressure is on every other team not starting QB4.  If we lose, oh well, fun season either way, but if they lose…

Take that mentality and just let it rip and yolo this mfer till the wheels fall off and I think teams should be more concerned with who has to play us than vice versa.

56 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Myles has 1 sack in 4 games. He isn’t eating anyone alive. He better get healthy during this break. 

Allen likes to hold the ball. Trevor Siemens got the ball out in 1.99 seconds literally playing pitch and catch.

We should beat whoever wins the AFCS, but I'd prefer Jacksonville.

Baltimore is playing some dominant football lately, but we know we can beat them.

Teams like KC and Buffalo I could see going either way. Both teams are flawed but it's hard to look past two teams with elite QBs. Miami is the only one I'm nervous about just because I don't think we match up well with them on defense.