Week #11 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

What's the sample size again? Two games??? :)

If that quote is accurate, it doesn't say anything about playoffs. The point I'm making is that it's a terrible comparison, and not the dunk Nick probably believes it is.Β 

Why is it a dunk to be compared to Rivers? He was a good QB. Never won anything of note, but that doesn’t mean he’s bad lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Most people don't like Nick Wright because he's usually trash.

I absolutely love Nick Wright, but I'm 99% certain I wouldn't if I wasn't a Chiefs fan. It's nice after decades of not really being discussed at all, having someone shout about how awesome we are. Especially since I'm not personally the type to gloat or brag and do that myself.

But I absolutely would despise that man if I was not a Chiefs fan. Especially if I were like, a Bills fan or a Chargers fan or something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Why name drop Rivers/Brady + Manning/Brady specifically compared to any other duo when applying to Allen/Mahomes? When someone like Nick does that, I'm going to try and follow the logic he's try to make that with that specific example. Rivers never beat Brady. Manning was 0-6 and 0-3 in SB rings against Brady at about the same point Allen is now in his career when that happened for Manning against Brady.Β 

Nick tried to be slick, and just no dude...use a better example or just say one is better than the other. It's not difficult.Β 

You're just over-analyzing here. Manning/Brady was a rivalry between GOAT candidates. People were looking for the next iteration of that, and put that on to Mahomes/Allen. He's just saying so far, it hasn't panned out to be two all-time greats, but more one who looks like an all-time great (Mahomes), and one who is just kind of great for his time (Allen.)

It's also not just about the head-to-head rivalry, and more about the discourse. Not Manning playing against Brady, but the, who would you take, Manning or Brady, conversation. For a long time, it was a stats versus rings argument, Manning versus Brady. No one ever argued Rivers over Brady. He's saying no one should have ever argued Allen over Mahomes.

It is a bit presumptive, as there is a lot of time left for Allen to get his MVPs and his superbowl rings. But it's not that complicated of a point. You're trying too hard to micro-analyze the specifics of the analogy. No analogy is 100% accurate on all specific points anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Most people don't like Nick Wright because he's usually trash.

And yet it’s still the best sports show on television. It’s awesome when the rest of the guys give him ish for bad takes lol

id say his takes aren’t usually trash though, mostly annoying but that’s because he’s yelling them.Β 

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

And yet it’s still the best sports show on television. It’s awesome when the rest of the guys give him ish for bad takes lol

id say his takes aren’t usually trash though, mostly annoying but that’s because he’s yelling them.Β 

Most of his takes are trash. He's a smart enough dude that I don't believe he believes most of the stuff he says, though. He's playing a character.

Edited by BroncoSojia