2023 MNF Week 11: Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs

notthatbluestuff

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2023 at 01:15 AM

Andy Reid coming off a bye week and at home, feel like I would put my money on the Chiefs

But my gut is telling me the Eagles.  If they get rolling on offense (and Chiefs defense has been awesome this year, so they are capable) I'm just not sure the Chiefs will be able keep up.

A few things to look for:

PHI O vs. KC D

-Nick Bolton out has changed the KC pass D in that they're more vulnerable to RB's.   They've only allowed 37 catches in the 199 rec yds in their 9 games to RB's this season, but 12-75 came in the last 2 games without Bolton there.   WIth Dallas Goedert out, I'd expect we'll see more Swift and Gainwell in the pass game tonight.

-The other player who likely steps up with Goedert out is Devonta Smith.   He's cracked 100+ yards vs. KC in the 2 games.   Obviously AJ Brown is still the alpha, but we may be seeing the 1A / 1B days with those 2.

-PHI is obviously going to lean on the run game as well. 

KC O vs. PHI D

-PHI's run D is a monster, as others KC fans have noted in other threads, the KC OL acquisitions have improved their pass pro abilities, but at the expense of their run blocking.   So it's going to be how Mahomes and the pass game can exploit the PHI D (and exploit they can)...

-PHI has 2 main weaknesses right now - TE & slot WR.   The obvious conclusion is that Travis Kelce should eat - but the hidden 2nd guy, Noah Gray, is an even more nuanced target.   Slot-wise, this means Rashee Rice.

COACHING / ST's / TO's

Usually TO's often swing the game (the last 3 DEN W's show this in spades).    So that almost goes without saying.   But I'd point out that Andy Reid / Matt Nagy's playcalling & Brian Johnson's playcalling may come under more scrutiny, as they haven't been nearly at their best in key situations this year.     Finally, as it's in KC, the field position & ST's with the FG kickers may be even more key in a lower-scoring game than we saw in the SB.

Assuming we're TO-neutral, I'd give this to PHI, given their weaknesses are where KC are weak as well (KC WR vs. PHI secondary).   Either way, hoping for a great game either way (and hope my props that reflect the above all hit lol).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3