Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Just from the eye test, if PFF has Walker ranked at #4 in that category it must be a different Walker on some other team.  The guy has been a turnstile on more than one occasion.  Team needs much more stability than this to keep improving.  Nice to have him as a backup for sure but more talent there is needed.

The fact that Walker continues to be rotated tells me Steno does not agree with PFF's ranking of Walker as the #4 pass blocking T in the league for the month prior.

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The fact that Walker continues to be rotated tells me Steno does not agree with PFF's ranking of Walker as the #4 pass blocking T in the league for the month prior.

just for the record, I think PFF has declined from being pretty accurate some years back, to now being a grade source we question more and more, specially when it comes to OL grades, I'am sure they didn't mistake Rashad for some other Walker, and when it comes to straight up mano o mano Walker has done pretty well these last 5 weeks, but he looks slow footed when it comes to kicking out to stop the loop arounds or the double moves from the better pass rushers, agree, don't think the coaches are all that happy with either of Nijman or Walker, jmo.

38 minutes ago, turf toe said:

just for the record, I think PFF has declined from being pretty accurate some years back, to now being a grade source we question more and more, specially when it comes to OL grades, I'am sure they didn't mistake Rashad for some other Walker, and when it comes to straight up mano o mano Walker has done pretty well these last 5 weeks, but he looks slow footed when it comes to kicking out to stop the loop arounds or the double moves from the better pass rushers, agree, don't think the coaches are all that happy with either of Nijman or Walker, jmo.

I feel like the coaches are pleased with where Walker is as a second year player and where Nijman is as well.

They are calling plays without having to cover up their warts.  They don't have to always enlist help over there.

I'll bet we still want a better pedigree over there for the future, but for the present, I wager that they are comfortable enough with those guys at LT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like the coaches are pleased with where Walker is as a second year player and where Nijman is as well.

They are calling plays without having to cover up their warts.  They don't have to always enlist help over there.

I'll bet we still want a better pedigree over there for the future, but for the present, I wager that they are comfortable enough with those guys at LT.

No other alternative right now .. they have to be.  Next year with 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds there will be a new left tackle there and those two can fight it out for back up duties .. as it should be.

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

No other alternative right now .. they have to be.  Next year with 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds there will be a new left tackle there and those two can fight it out for back up duties .. as it should be.

?

Nijman will be a free agent.  Walker will fight to start at LT during the next camp, regardless of who is drafted and where.

Tom is the wildcard as a move could be in his future.

But Nijman will likely be out of the picture.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Gute didn't draft any O-linemen last year because he said the coaches wanted to see how the young guys would develop. Well, we saw. Neither Newman nor Rhyne can move past Runyon. And Walker and Nijman can't move past each other. They'll bring in 3 this off season, T, G, and C. 

I don't doubt they'll bring in a flyer on day 3. But I wouldn't expect 3 before that. 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Steno did say last week that he didn't expect the rotation to continue all year.  I think after the KC game Walker may have secured his spot.  Not sure about Runyan yet.