Transfer Portal: '23-'24 Edition

BobbyPhil1781

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39007978/nebraska-matt-rhule-prefers-developing-own-players-portal

"Make no mistake that a good quarterback in the portal costs, you know, a million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now, just so we're all on the same page," Rhule said Wednesday while discussing the state of the program with reporters. "Let's make sure we all understand what's happening. There are some teams that have $6 [million] or $7 million players playing for them."

Donaven McCully is a name I haven’t seen mentioned. Former 4 star dual threat qb went to Indiana. Switched to WR in 2022. Stats are good not great but he looks like a beast on film, 6’4 200   Think this kid could become next years Keon Coleman. Michigans had success bringing in some Hoosiers last year really hope they go after this kid. 

https://247sports.com/article/college-football-transfer-portal-dante-moore-the-top-qb-recruit-in-ucla-history-to-transfer-after-freshman-season-221845289/

One of the top players from the 2023 recruiting class is set to be a free agent. UCLA QB Dante Moore plans on entering the transfer portal, he tells 247Sports.

As a first-time transfer, Moore will be immediately eligible at his next school. Interest will be high and projects to feature a who's who of college football's top programs.

Sheesh

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This transfer portal era of players just wanting the biggest paycheck year to year has already lost my interest.

I’m all for the kids getting there cut but there needs to be some kind of rules. Mine as well let the schools pay them direct and force them to sign a contract