SNF: Kansas City Chiefs at Green Bay Packers

Soggust

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Punches get thrown in like half of all NFL games. Guys rarely get ejected for it. 15 yards. Ejection normally comes on the second personal foul like that.

Nah. I hate the Packers. But throwing a punch is typically a disqualification.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

No? I mean, it didn't matter, it's not like we were giving the ball to Pacheco after that point. But it's very consistent that refs will call a personal foul, and say it's the first foul for that player to be eligible for ejection.

Except for punches. 

Forget this one?

https://www.nfl.com/videos/chris-jones-ejected-after-throwing-punch-during-extra-point-266512

9 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Lol. It was DPI. It’s ok to admit it. Calls get missed all the time; but it’s ok to admit it. Lmaoooo

Did I say it wasn’t a penalty?  No.  I’m merely stating the refs were bad at the end of the game.  Some benefited Kansas City and some benefited Green Bay.

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

That's for taunting

Throwing a punch is an automatic ejection, players shove each other in the face open handed and get away with it all the time but if you throw a closed fisted punch and the ref sees it you're gone.

By all means, tell me what I'm missing here, then:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-rulebook/#

Anywhere else the word "punch" occurs in the rulebook references batting a ball. And I went through everything that references disqualification. If this is an unspoken rule like the hail mary DPI thing, sure, whatever. But the rulebook says two.

There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

1. Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
  2. Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
  3. Using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.

Notes:

Two violations of (a), (b), or (c) (above) by the same player, which occur before or during the game, will result in disqualification in addition to the yardage penalty. Any violations at the game site on the day of the game, including postgame, may result in discipline by the Commissioner. Any violation of (e) above may result in disqualification and also will include discipline by the Commissioner. An official must see the entire action for a player to be disqualified.

SECTION 4 - AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION

ARTICLE 1. MULTIPLE UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT FOULS

In addition to any penalty referenced elsewhere in the Official Playing Rules, a player will be automatically disqualified if that player is penalized twice in the same game for committing one of the unsportsmanlike conduct fouls listed below, or a combination of the fouls listed below:

1. Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
  2. Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
  3. Using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Did I say it wasn’t a penalty?  No.  I’m merely stating the refs were bad at the end of the game.  Some benefited Kansas City and some benefited Green Bay.

lol, shut up already. I already gave your team the props they deserve. Piss off.

10 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

You're missing the "even though no contact was made" part

If the punch lands it's an ejection 

So where does it say that, then? My interpretation of that, is that it's a penalty whether contact is made or not. Not that it's two then an automatic ejection if no contact is made, and then it's who knows what because the rulebook doesn't say anything, if contact is made.

EDIT: Like, if the refs just deemed it flagrant enough, cool. There's a note on each penalty in the rulebook saying that if flagrant enough, the refs can disqualify. But say that. Everyone is yelling at me that a punch is an automatic ejection when absolutely nothing confirms that. If that's a thing, I just want to know. I don't think that's unreasonable, personally. Like, Trent Williams threw a punch just this year against the Giants, didn't get ejected. It's clearly not automatic.

Just now, St Vince said:
11 minutes ago, Trey Lance said:

NBC is really pushing this Chiefs got screwed narrative. Not surprising after Tirico put an * on the Lions season opener win because Kelce didnt play.

No Jones either.

We just all might as well own and enjoy this asterisk win and may there be many more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Section 19 of the rulebook is about the line of scrimmage. It's a good read, don't get me wrong, but not really relevant here.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-rulebook/#section-19-line-of-scrimmage-neutral-zone

It would help you immensely if your dumbass would get out of the section labeled "The Field" and look in the section entitled "Officials".

Rule 19 Section 2 Game Administration Support From NFL Officiating Staff.

There you go. Now go cry more.