Week 14: (10-2) Eagles @ (9-3) Cow Patties 2.0

Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

We tend to lose the high leverage game against the Cowboys when we split. I hate it.

I think the first game was higher leverage tbh. If they lost that game then things looked very dire for them going into a brutal stretch of the schedule. By winning the first game (and a few others) they set themselves up to be able to afford to lose this game and still win the division. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We escaped with a win in Philly and got dominated in Dallas.

Is that domination tonight? The refs spotted the Cowboys a bunch of early points and then the Eagles killed themselves with stupid fumbles. Fumbles seem like a easy problem to fix. 

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Is that domination tonight? The refs spotted the Cowboys a bunch of early points and then the Eagles killed themselves with stupid fumbles. Fumbles seem like a easy problem to fix. 

Seem but aren't with this team since it has been a problem all year.

I know fumbles are mostly flukey but wish our team was better at attacking the ball. We never force fumbles, we had a nice stretch the first three weeks and that's it.

Also, the lack of playmaking ability in the back seven was glaring. 

Don’t take the Giants lightly. Tyrod is cleared to play (unless Devito keeps winning). Kyler Murray also won in Pitt and it’s against a former Coordinator. Eagles could lose the division at 13-4 or 12-5 if they play like this. Just a complete **** show staff and veterans that got complacent.

Edited by WheatieMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

Don’t take the Giants lightly. Tyrod is cleared to play (unless Devito keeps winning). Kyler Murray also won in Pitt and it’s against a former Coordinator. Eagles could lose the division at 13-4 or 12-5 if they play like this. Just a complete **** show staff and veterans that got complacent.

The Eagles lost to two teams coming off a mini bye at the end of a crazy tough stretch lol. They're going to kill the Giants. 

The team just looks tired. The fumbles are fixable but that’s about it. If they were to finish 11-6, I wouldn’t be shocked. Hell, if we went into week 18 knowing we were locked in to the #5 seed, that might be one of the better outcomes. Rest the starters and try to bounce back against whichever scrub NFCS team makes it. Doubt that happens though. Dallas is highly unlikely to win back to back on the road in Buffalo and Miami. It’ll come down to the end.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

6 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

The team just looks tired. The fumbles are fixable but that’s about it. If they were to finish 11-6, I wouldn’t be shocked. Hell, if we went into week 18 knowing we were locked in to the #5 seed, that might be one of the better outcomes. Rest the starters and try to bounce back against whichever scrub NFCS team makes it. Doubt that happens though. Dallas is highly unlikely to win back to back on the road in Buffalo and Miami. It’ll come down to the end.

This guy gets it… take a month off and get ready for an AFCS game. Dallas will probably fail in WC or divisional round, and maybe Eagles pick off a complacent 9er team that had too much time off.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

If you believe in the Silver Linings Playbook, I can recall the ‘06 Colts and ‘09 Saints completely mailing it in in December. Tired veteran teams… I think losing the division could actually help them more than limping to a NFCE title.

Not even the Eli Giants or 2012 Ravens had multiple 3 score losses November or later. Only went as far as back as 2000s but doubt it’s happened, SB winning teams just don’t get smoked this late in season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is not a team that is out of reach by any means. Ball bounces the other way a few times and we can win this one. 

Niners we have almost no hope if things stay as they currently are. They are on another level of probably any team in the league if they stay healthy. 

It wasn’t even remotely close, and Dallas does what Dallas does - they take the ball away. Those fumbles were pure effort and technique. Meanwhile Dallas was absolutely killed by penalties along the O-line, and Lamb uncharacteristically dropped what was likely a deep ball touchdown. Philly also had a successful fake punt that contributed to half of their points on offense when they got 3 points off it. This wasn’t just the ball bouncing the wrong way for the Eagles, especially when your lone touchdown came off of a rare mistake by Dak on the strip sack fumble return for a TD. It wasn’t even competitive, and it really could have been worse.